Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I loved Reading this (UPDATED) >

I loved Reading this (UPDATED)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I loved Reading this (UPDATED)

Old 01-15-2009, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I loved Reading this (UPDATED)

Well I was looking around online to see if they updated the story on that deer massacre and Here it is. (the title is like It felt good to read that they cought it the story is horrific and tragic just Im soooo relieved to hear they cought them lousy sacks of.....)

WAUPACA, Wis. - Three Weyauwega men accused of corralling and running over deer with snowmobiles have been arrested in what a state official described Thursday as an unprecedented thrill killing.
"There could be more arrests. We feel we have the main players at this point," Waupaca County Sheriff Brad Hardel said.
Nicholas Hermes, 22, was charged Thursday with five felony counts of being a party to mistreatment of animals. Brothers Robby Kuenzi, 23, and Rory Kuenzi, 24, have been arrested but not yet formally charged because the paperwork isn't done, Hardel said. The brothers could be charged Friday, he said.
Four deer were found dead Saturday near a snowmobile trail about five miles south of Waupaca where a herd of around 40 deer were known to gather. A fifth deer was severely injured and euthanized, authorities said.
One deer had its stomach ripped open by a snowmobile that stopped on top of it and then quickly took off, said Ted Dremel, a state Department of Natural Resources warden. Another deer had been tied to a tree, where it wrapped itself around and choked to death.
The killings outraged snowmobilers, hunters and others, and a reward fund grew to more than $10,000 before the arrests were announced Thursday. Investigators received numerous tips that helped break the case, but no reward money has been dispensed yet, Hardel said.
Asked what was the most important tip, the sheriff declined comment.
One tip led investigators to Hermes, who worked at a dairy business. He told them he accidentally hit a deer Friday night while snowmobiling with his girlfriend and the Kuenzi brothers, according to a criminal complaint.
Hermes then saw the brothers chasing and running over deer with their snowmobiles, he told investigators. Rory Kuenzi dragged one deer behind his snowmobile and then tied it to a tree near a road, he said.
Hermes told investigators he tried to get the brothers to stop hitting deer, and he hit one or two only accidentally.

(Link to original) http://www.startribune.com/local/37649714.html?elr=KArks7PYDiaK7DUqyE5D7UiD3aPc:_Yy c:aUU

Ryan.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: I loved Reading this (UPDATED)

They were talking about this on the radio and said there was a similar case up by Ashland Wisconsin. Jeffery Dahmer's children??
Old 01-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was talking to my g/f about this today. She was real upset about how the deer were killed. I told her they would be caught right away. My guess was that some localguys in their early 20's were out drinking and saw the deer and ran them down. I told her if they would just backtrack from the scene to the closest bars they could solve this in a few hours. I was pretty close to being right. I'm glad they got caught. I'm sorry that they brought so much destruction to their lives for a night of "fun". I also hope the land owner has a change of heart and opens the trail again.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its pretty rediculious that this type of behavior dosent even shock the general public. This story probablly diddnt even make national news... If you follow what I mean.

Ryan.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Excellent news, so glad they're busted!
Old 01-16-2009, 04:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Well that didn't take long. Long arm of the law does good.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: WakeCow

They were talking about this on the radio and said there was a similar case up by Ashland Wisconsin. Jeffery Dahmer's children??
Dont think so lol, even though i do see his parents at Bob Evans occasionally, maybe i should ask? [8D]