Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who`s to blame?

Old 04-13-2003, 12:48 AM

Default Who`s to blame?

I purchased a trapper head sight by Vital Bow at the Harrisburg outdoor show. I shoot left handed and the sight was not marked for left or right handed shooter. I told the person at the show that I shoot left handed and he handed me the sight and I bought it. When I got home I tried to mount it and I quickly found out it was for a right hand bow. I contacted Vital Bow, and told them the package was not marked left or right handed. They told me this was not a warranty problem and they could not do anything for me. Vital bow does not mark what hand thier sights are. To me, this is their problem and they created it by not marking thier product properly. Vital Bow company does not back their product or actions and I would not recomend any of their products. Who`s to blame??
Old 04-13-2003, 09:06 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Who`s to blame?

In my opinion it should not matter on who' s to blame. You purchased the sight thinking it was for you and asked them too. Even if you didnt ask for a lefty i would think a good company would allow you to exchange the sight for one you could use. If i owned the company i would offer a exchange and maybe ask you to pay the shipping costs at the most.
Old 04-13-2003, 12:29 PM

I would most certainly think that an exchange should be able to take place if the merchandise is unused, has the original packing and accompanied by a copy of the original sales receipt.

If not, then I would say thay are not a company to do further business with, and let it be known to others.
Old 04-13-2003, 02:43 PM

I' d call them back. I know from first hand experience that the guys at Vital Bow Gear stand behind their stuff. I had an SME (now defunct) sight that had some issues and VBG backed the product and fixed it. The Tech from SME is now VBG...I think his name is Kevin.

Worse case, find a decent shop and they' ll probably switch it.
Old 04-14-2003, 06:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Tough call but if I was in your situation then I would probably be wanting an exchange or refund from the company in question. You did ask one of their representatives for a left handed model and he handed you a right handed one so I would say that they are somewhat to blame. However, you probably should have also looked/tinkered with it a bit before you went home to see if it would work for you.

Call the company again and ask for a replacement.
Old 04-14-2003, 10:14 AM

i think i know who you purchased this sight from and if you don' t mind i will print out this page and show it to him to show him your displeasure as well as what everyone else said he' s a pretty reasonable guy and should fix the problem .
Old 04-14-2003, 11:20 AM

What puzzles me is that Vital Bow refuses to help and acknowledge the fact that the sight needs to be properly tagged.
Old 04-14-2003, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

cgarrett55, I agree re: properly marking the package. There are plenty of people out there buying stuff that can' t easily tell if it' s right or not (left or right). What' s the problem with trying to avoid situations like yours?
Old 04-14-2003, 03:32 PM

There was something I left out. Vital Bow does give you right and left configuration in there catalog, but not thier packaging. I have not seen one of thier catologs yet, but their website gives the configuration too.
Old 04-14-2003, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

As a southpaw, I would be makeing some noise. Right is right. Bobby

Quick Reply: Who`s to blame?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.