Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The Wensel brothers >

The Wensel brothers

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Wensel brothers

Old 01-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Banned

Default RE: The Wensel brothers

The IA Deer Classic and the IA bowhunters Association banquet brings in some true hunters. Check Adams was real cool and I BSed with him a bunch one afternoon. I asked him if his wife cared that he went on so many hunts. He replied that he was single. I said, "No wonder you always have that huge grin on your face." My girlfriend didn't like it but Chuck sure did. I noticed in my kill pics this year that I was wearing that same huge grin, and I just had a Chuck Adams year myself, just in a smaller style than he does.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Schultzy, I watched it yesterday I love those guys!!! Did you see that buck they shot It dropped like it was spine hit just fell over but when they were by the buck they shot the hole looked like it was a perfect shoulder hit?? Crazy but a great buck either way!!! Walt
Old 01-14-2009, 12:54 PM
Dominant Buck

The show was great. They were a riot. The thing you probably like about it best was they're doing it the right way. They're just having fun. No damn fist pumping and that's what I'm talkin' about, just having fun and it shows. No staged stuff as far as their comments and actions... just having fun. I recorded it and when I get disappointed in some of these other "TV Stars", I'll replay it to get a feeling of being back with some real hunters .... "Having Fun".
Old 01-14-2009, 12:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: stikbow26

Schultzy, I watched it yesterday I love those guys!!! Did you see that buck they shot It dropped like it was spine hit just fell over but when they were by the buck they shot the hole looked like it was a perfect shoulder hit?? Crazy but a great buck either way!!! Walt
Yep, I saw that Walt! I had to laugh when they were talking about floppy ear. "He won't be hurting no more teenagers" or something silly like that was said. Or the part where he turns his hat sideways "the deer will think I'm looking In the other direction" LMFAO!! I always laugh like hell when I see that show and he says that!!
Old 01-14-2009, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

"Bow hunting October whitetails" is one of the best videos ever made.
It is pretty good.

They are good shots with trad gear.

They practice quite a bit on running deer, and moving tires.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've met Gene on several occassions and enjoyed talking to him.

He is about as down to earth as it gets.

Dan
Old 01-14-2009, 02:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

"Bow hunting October whitetails" is one of the best videos ever made.

I've heard Gene say it's like throwing rocks! You throw enough of them you get pretty Good!

Dan

It is pretty good.

They are good shots with trad gear.

They practice quite a bit on running deer, and moving tires.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

You got that right Jim!! I have that video some where, I should dig that tape up and watch It again.
My wife says thanks alot guys as I now have the urge to watch it again! These brothers make hunting what it really is....fun, and commaradie mixed in with some seriousness. Many of the new generation of hunting celebrities could take some lessons from Gene and Barry. These guys know how to hunt!
Old 01-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.brothersofthebow.com/html/home.html
Old 01-14-2009, 04:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

I didn't read all the replies, I know I'm suppose to but I can't imagine anything off color here as I've never heard anything bad about Gene and Barry, I think they are ambassadors for bowhunting.

Quick Reply: The Wensel brothers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.