Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Screw in tree steps? >

Screw in tree steps?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Screw in tree steps?

Old 01-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Screw in tree steps?

I need help in remembering who posted (quite a while back) about the Cranford tree steps? I bought a bunch of them and they work very well. They're quiet, super easy to turn in, and very secure/sturdy. Can someone help out here?
Old 01-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Screw in tree steps?

Several of us use them and would not use any other screwinstep! I've used them for as long as I can remember(rod step is my model), Greg/Mo, Rob, and others I can't remember.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Several of us use them and would not use any other screwinstep! I've used them for as long as I can remember(rod step is my model), Greg/Mo, Rob, and others I can't remember.
Yes, that's the type I bought. Thanks.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

The rod steps are bulkier to carry but as you said, they are strong and easy to screw in.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, Cranfords all the way baby! I use the folding model and I've also got 50 or so of the detachable ones as well. I've tried almost everything else out there, and there's simply NO comparison. None.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Fork Horn

I use the rod step version and I agree with all of you...nothing else compares...period!
Old 01-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've used Cranford steps longer than I can remember. Most of the time I use the fold up detachables.

Quick & Quiet in a stand!

Dan
Old 01-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Yep, Cranfords all the way baby! I use the folding model and I've also got 50 or so of the detachable ones as well. I've tried almost everything else out there, and there's simply NO comparison. None.
Yep, now that I give it more thought, Ibelieve it was you Greg, who first mentioned these awesome tree steps way back. I thought it was Rob/Pa, and even PMed him thanking him for the advise.He must think I'm nuts! Those detachable steps are great too. Simplyturn inthe screw head, and remove the step. I'd love to have them in all of the treesin my various spots. They could get costly, but talk about versitility!
Old 01-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: early in

Yep, now that I give it more thought, Ibelieve it was you Greg, who first mentioned these awesome tree steps way back. I thought it was Rob/Pa, and even PMed him thanking him for the advise.He must think I'm nuts! Those detachable steps are great too. Simplyturn inthe screw head, and remove the step. I'd love to have them in all of the treesin my various spots. They could get costly, but talk about versitility!
Expensive? Yep!! I ordered a couple hundred of the screws and just the screws are pretty pricey.

But O So Handy!!

Dan
Old 01-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Banned

Yep,I've tried almost everything else out there, and there's simply NO comparison. None.
I disagree...Lone Wolf sticks with Utility Constriction ropes(UCR's), Summit bucksteps, rapid rails; ANYTHING is better than screwing in a treestep...that is from the old days b4 safety harnasses and back when my bows were shot with fingers as releases weren't invented yet. No comparison to the labor of screwing tree steps in and damaging trees, not to mention screw in steps are not allowed on public land and are also a gr8 way to piss off a landowner when he sees screws in his tree. It takes a tree 40-50 years to get old enough to hunt in and then some guy comes along and screws in steps which could possibly kill it or open it up for disease; just doesn't make sense to me. I respect the woods too much and I like to leave the woods the same way I entered it....minus the dead deer I take out with me. If you guys like bows with 80% letoff, releases, A/C/C arrows, safety harnasses, fast and quiet bows, and all of the other modern bowhunting tools, then I suggest you get out of the dark ages and get into a simpler and more woods friendly climbing system.

Quick Reply: Screw in tree steps?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.