Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 question about BT pocket bolts >

question about BT pocket bolts

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

question about BT pocket bolts

Old 01-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default question about BT pocket bolts

Sorry guys.. I feel a little slow on this subject all of the sudden. I've never had a Bowtech and I'm just setting up my bow, want to make sure I don't mess anything up so hopefully I don't have too many questions.. lol

The Admiral is a self pressing bow, I was going to install peep and need to back out the limb bolts to relax the string..

In the owners manual it says you may have to loosen the pocket bolts on some models. The pic they show is of a solid limb bow and a pic of a bolt on the riser is the example.. The admiral has split limbs (like you didn't know) and has 2 bolts, one on each side of the split limb and in the center is the bolt for adjusting draw weight.. Are these 2 bolts considered pocket bolts or do I not have to loosen them to adjust draw weight and to relax the bow?

Hopefully I make some sense
Old 01-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: question about BT pocket bolts

You do not have to loosen the bolts on the side. The owners manual is generic and pertains to the side lock bolts on some models. That is not the case with the Admiral.

Keep close eye on the bolt in the window/hole provided in the bolt pocket that you do not back them out too far. You should be fine as the string will relax enough for you to do what you need. Loosen one side X turns and then the other in a rotation.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: question about BT pocket bolts

Good.. Thought so but I really wanted to know for sure.. Thanks for the help..