Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

It's done...

Old 01-05-2009, 08:55 AM

Default It's done...

Deer season is over here in Va and I will say I had another great season. I took 8 deer, 5 with a bow and 3 with the shotgun. Nothing big this year, but i did get to take a doe with a bow in Dec for the first time...this was the first time I have ever bowhunted during gun season. It was hard at times going from one to the other...different clothes and different mind set...but it was worth it on the afternoon of Dec 12th when i took that last deer with a bow.. I killed 2 more with a shotgun this past week and that was great too, but Im ready for a lil break in the action and regroup..I got some good reading material and hopefully some new promising land for the coming season..take careall!
Old 01-05-2009, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: It's done...

Sounds like you had a great season to me, 8 deer and some action in December which is always fun. You killed your December doe on my birthday Congratulations and have fun trying to eat 8 deer by next season. I was high in a tree Saturday afternoon, enjoying the final sights and sounds of the fading 2008 deer season. God I love it.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on a Fun season Landon!

Dan
Old 01-05-2009, 09:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wow Landon, 8 deer In one season Is mind blowing to me!! Congratulation's on a very successful season!!
Old 01-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on a great season VA!
Old 01-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like you had a banner year.
Having some new lands always beckons time for some spring shed hunting ,good luck.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:38 AM
Typical Buck

Congratulations on a fine season. If you are like me, I am sure you are already looking forward to the next one.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:16 AM

thanks gents!!! it was lots of fun...I passed on 11 bucks this bow season and I hope that it pays off next year. Im planning on paying the extra $$ next year to bow hunt the club land which is about 5,000 acs. I usually just pay to gun hunt it, but we have so many big deer and deer in general, it's worth it to me..