Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Got my new killing machine >

Got my new killing machine

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got my new killing machine

Old 01-03-2009, 09:05 AM
Banned

Default Got my new killing machine

Well, my 82nd landed!! I received it wed and I just finished decking it out last night. It is an '08 and thanks to my research and you forum members here and on AT, I discovered that this is the same exact bow, minus the string stopper on the end of the cable roller guide, as an '09 82nd. I removed the factory string stopper and installed a P.O.S. brand string stopper I found on AT used for $20 from a guy, and everything else is new. I saved myself $300 by getting this bow off of an AT member that had bought it as a back up bow for another 82nd he already had, but had never shot this one. I put a HHA 5500 sight on it, an Extreme A.C.A.D. stabilizer, a Limb driver drop away, and an Alpine Bear Claw quiver. The Limb driver is sweet and I am impressed with it. Dealer sold me on trying it as he didn't have the Trophy taker pronghorn in stock and said that he is selling way more limb drivers on his Bowtech line. I am impressed with the Bear Claw quiver. I have spent over $100 on a quiver before and this is only $25 and I really like the way it grips an arrow, the way the foam in the hood holds an arrow broadhead, the adjustablity of where I can place it up and down on the bow, and the way the quiver locks onto the quiver/bow mount.

Now for shooting it. All I can say is WOW!!! Fast, smooth, quiet, and vibration and shock free. The draw cycle is quite pleasant and not what I would expect from speed bow. I am shooting fabulous with it and I have a MO doe tag that will meet an arrow from this bad boy. The Guardian is feeling neglected, but it had a gr8 year and the new guy gets the attention for now.
Edit....I love the Invelvet finish and also the color so the predator camo dip idea has been ditched.

Birth certificate

While I was at Sportsmans Whse last night, I bought this fanny pack. I have beeen watching this pack and I have wanted a fanny pack with shoulder straps. I told the salesman that he needs to get it off of his shelf and he went up to the computer and came down and said he could knock off $10 and sell it for $50. It was regularly $80 as you can see. SOLD and I am happy with it. It is fleece, I am a Predator fan, and now my fanny pack won't be sliding down and pulling my pants off.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Got my new killing machine

Look almost as good as your hunting partner! Hope you have another dream season with it.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:10 AM

Sweet rig. Have fun with it!
Old 01-03-2009, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Beautiful hook up you've got right there! Good luck with it.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Work it......work it.....thats it turn to the left
Old 01-03-2009, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love the looks of them arrows.

Nice bow too![8D]
Old 01-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome bow!
Old 01-03-2009, 01:55 PM

Love that rig Hardcorehunter....there's a post on here where someone purchased a Hoyt, and we lost him, but we gained one back! Good choice!

To Gi22ly-
BOWTECH IS THE BEST IN THE WHOLE WORLD!
Old 01-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats a sweet looking bow. be good to her, congrats
Old 01-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

I love the looks of them arrows.

Nice bow too![8D]
Thanks guys... I have been out shooting it just now and I really am happy. Glad u all like the arrow colors; me too. I make my own wraps from free scrap vinyl from a sign shop and put them on an A/C/C arrow with Black Blazers. Makes for a nice arrow to look at from my stand after it has blown through a deer and is stuck in the dirt

Quick Reply: Got my new killing machine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.