Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 check this stand out >

check this stand out

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

check this stand out

Old 04-09-2003, 09:28 PM

Default check this stand out

Looks like a good stand tell me what you guys think. Any one have one already?
www.treesuit.com
Old 04-10-2003, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: check this stand out

Seen this before, and $100 for that thing. No way!!!!!! Not someting I' d want to be up a tree in, even if it was cheaper. It has to be restrictive in movement, and more motion to get turned for a shot. But I wonder if it would make a good safety addition to a regular treestand! But looks more like one of those great $ making inventions that never lasts long.
Old 04-10-2003, 06:45 AM
Fork Horn

I have not seen that one yet. It looks like it would not be very comfortable. When I hunt I was to feel like I can sit all day, I even take a lunch so i don' t have to move at all. The biggest deer I' ve killed was at noon when the people I hunt with have all gone to the truck or to the house.

Pick something that you could sit in all day, move with no noise and plan on knocking them down while your friends are talking about what they saw.
Old 04-10-2003, 08:14 AM

I' ll go against the grain and say I wouldn' t mind having one. It' s not something I' d use alot but it' d sure be nice to pack with me when I' m spot and stalking in case I want to get up high and sit a trail or something.

As previously stated, it doesn' t look very confortable and would somewhat restrict movement. Don' t think I could sit in it all day.

Old 04-10-2003, 08:23 AM

Ive seen alot of homemade ones. I knew a guy who used half a tire tied by ropes. Its the only thing he ever hunted out of, and shot alot of nice deer.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:24 AM

len cardinale used to promote something like that years ago ,i think it was called a tree sling ! they look unsafe to me!
Old 04-10-2003, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have one and use it in places where traditional stands won' t work. When I have used it I have never had the opportunity to shoot a big buck out of it. I could have shot some small ones but let them walk hopefully to grow up. In my opinion it would be a mistake to think this stand would replace your more traditional hang on stands.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:38 AM

That ain' t a treestand that' s an uncomfortable pair of underwear. they should call it " the Wedgie" [&:]
Old 04-10-2003, 11:53 AM

Dont knockem till you try em. Ive never used this particular harness but i did own a Anderson Tree Sling up until I lost it a couple of years ago. Very quick and quiet to setup. I used it almost exclusively in or near bedding areas. I loved the thing.
killed alot of deer using it. I felt more secure hunting out of it, than a regular tree stand. Of course when I first started hunting I would shimmy up a tree and stand or straddle a limb to hunt.
Im going to get me one of these Treesuits and I' ll let you know how it works.
Old 04-10-2003, 12:41 PM

Im the type of hunter who dosnt like to set up stands because if some one sees it they likely to steel it since I hunt national forest and have to climb mountains to get to a wallow. Ive tried luging a stand up a mountain and over and thru deadfall. Its a pain! Plus I dont sit in a stand more than 3 hours. The main thing I want to know is , does it make your legs fall asleep cutting off the blood flow?

Quick Reply: check this stand out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.