Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help with bear bow >

Help with bear bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help with bear bow

Old 04-09-2003, 02:53 PM

Default Help with bear bow

How good are the Bear Whitetale II compound bows? My brotherinlaw gave me one It sais it was made in 1986 It looks to be in good shape no cracks on the limbs or anything like that. And I need to know how to unstring it for storege.If it needs to be unstrung I did take 4-H bow class but that was with recurves and dont know much of anything about compounds. All comments welcome
Old 04-09-2003, 03:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Help with bear bow

deerhunter I have never seen anyone try to unstring a compound bow and don' t want to be in the room with they try!
Really you don' t unstring a compound bow as far as how good of a bow it is. I started with one but as you get into shooting more you will want one that is faster.
Old 04-09-2003, 07:10 PM

ok thanks Glad I asked before I tride it[]
Old 04-10-2003, 10:50 AM

take it to your local pro shop and hae them check it out !
Old 04-10-2003, 12:15 PM
Typical Buck

I' ll take this question!!! I have a Bear Whitetail II in my closet right now. It was one of the first (if not the first) cam bows to come out. Mine is a 70 lb and it has modules you can replace on the cams to adjust the draw length. Look at your cams and you should see the allen screws that hold the modules in place. I still have all my modules, though I use the 30" modules. I don' t know the brace height or axle to axle length, but I know I' ve gotten more deer with this bow than any other I' ve used to this day! With a 31" 2117 arrow, I could get 180-190 fps. That' s not much by today' s standard, but you don' t have to have the speed to hunt, you just have to be a good shot and skilled at getting close to game. I shot a young doe at 37 yards with this bow successfully, which is a testament to it' s accuracy.

BTW, as boldplate said, you never unstring a compound. Of course, if the string is frayed and worn you might want to replace it. For the price you paid (FREE), you have a great starter bow. If you need some draw length modules, drop me a note and I' ll send them to ya, as long as it' s not the 30" ones
Old 04-11-2003, 08:29 PM

The Cams are the pully tipe thangs the string go' s around right. and as far as the draw length go' es I can shoot it fine with 30 inch arrows (that I had already for my recurve). thanks for all your help.