Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

new to archery

Old 12-30-2008, 10:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default new to archery

looking to get into archery really considering a bear truth 2. just looking forsomefeed back. thanks
Old 12-30-2008, 10:14 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new to archery

If thats Droptines wife or GF on his AvatareI need to whip up something like that with my lady...

Second. Welcome to the forum. Lots of over-excited people on here...but everyone will embrace you and guide you along. And thats a fact.

I would stick with the bear and just get confident and shoot some good groups....from there...get in the woods with it and get some kills under your belt...and most importantly...enjoy the chirping birds...and the sun rises...don't let the technology get to you....get confident with that bear and embrace the woods. Send pics....

Everyone on here likes to bring closure and happiness with a clean kill and a pic....even if its just pics of you and your bow in the woods..we love pics.

Brian
Old 12-31-2008, 06:26 AM
Spike

For 3 years my youngest son shot a Bowtech Equalizer This fall he finally outgrew it.We went to the Bow shop and he shot every Bow they had. Matthews,Bowtech,Hoyt,Mission,Ross,Quest,Alpine and the new Bears. I couldn't believe he chose a Bear Done Deal. When he was done trying it I shot it, could not believe the smooth draw,light weight and
shock free . This bow is also a tack driver. Set it up and started shooting X's. Put on Slick Trick 100gr and he split an arrow. I think the new Bears are as good as anything made today.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've heard realy got things about that bow. I have a Bear Instict. I like it alot. Great bow and its made really nice.
I think Bear bows are great and they seem to keep thier prices in check somewhat compared to other manufacturers. Or at least they have bows most people can afford.

Like Brian said. Don't get to wrapped up in the tech and speed thing. Get a decent bow (the one your looking at is good for the price range) Get some good accessories but don't go overboard on them. Some good arrows and start flinging arrows. You don't need range finders and gadgets and gizmos to hunt or shoot. If you want them and can afford them then go for it, but you don't need them.

Concentrate on your form first and formost when you begin to shoot to. Stay close to the target and keep your draw weight down and work up to heaavier weight.

Yeah I know more info than you were asking for.....LOL

Good luck.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:09 PM
Fork Horn

i apreciate your guys' feed back i do have experience with a bow but it was an old bear white tail hunter but that was the only one i know how to shoot just needed feed back. i was at my local sporting good store today and i saw a truth 2 ultra lite ready to shoot with a fall away rest quiver nd the whole sha bang the ibo is less but still plenty for most all game. once again thanks for the input nd if any one has other suggestions in that price range hit me back.