Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BH didn't open, pics added >

BH didn't open, pics added

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BH didn't open, pics added

Old 12-31-2008, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sunday evenings hunt- BH didn't open

I have never seen a broken blade on one of these, and they're always open, even when they get wet in below freezing weather.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TFOX

I would be skeptical of this design in the first place.It isn't even designed to open until well after it is inside the animal.

Again I say,not all mechanicals are created equal.

Yeah, that looks like the recipe for a small entry wound and poor blood trail if you don't get a complete pass-through. I want a big hole on BOTH sides of the deer, not a field point hole on one side and maybe a big hole on the other.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TFOX

I would be skeptical of this design in the first place.It isn't even designed to open until well after it is inside the animal.

Again I say,not all mechanicals are created equal.

This kind of shows what I think happened. I think the arrow went through a section of hide high or low and exited as it opened then the fletch caught the small entry wound and stopped the arrow closing the blades.

That BH design lookes like a real energy stealing design. Meaning it takes a huge amount of energy away from the arrow to open the blades. ...Not one I'd shoot.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:32 PM
Banned

Sorry to hear Dave...get you some Slick Tricks and be done with the issue...best of both worlds..fly like a fieldtip and cut like a fixed..cause they are fixed
Old 01-01-2009, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

Those shooting fixed blades, what are your patterns beyond25 yds.? For those shooting fixed blades, I am glad that you are satisfied with your choice but this is your choice. I changed from fixed to rage 2 blade and it was the right decision for me, but I am not about to change your mind. I am 4/5 pass throughs and all have dropped within sight since my switch. The 1 non-pass through was on a bird and it hit the opposite wing socket and almost tour the wing and socket from the bird, which fell of the log and flapped a few times. For me, it is hard for me to change back but I will need more success stories before jumping entirely on the band wagon. I will say that it sucks paying $40 for 3 BHs. Sure wouldbe nice to be the guy that invented them.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:39 PM

Notice the difference.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowtechHunting

Notice the difference.

Muzzys right...I love muzzys I shot 100gr 4 blades for years on my other compound. My new one I have rage 2 blades. But after this season I'll take the time to switch over. I just wanted to get in the woods faster so I'm using some rage 2 blades I had. I think the muzzys will fly fine ....I just need to get a target and try them.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

NAP Spitfire XP's. Fly like a field point and dominate animals.

They run roughly $38 for a 3 pack in stores...but can be found in after-season sales online for $18-$25 usually. My buddy swears by Rage 2 blades...so he bought me some for xmas. I'll try them out on a doe or two next season...but they better knock my socks off to separate me from the Spitfire XP's.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Those shooting fixed blades, what are your patterns beyond25 yds.? For those shooting fixed blades, I am glad that you are satisfied with your choice but this is your choice. I changed from fixed to rage 2 blade and it was the right decision for me, but I am not about to change your mind. I am 4/5 pass throughs and all have dropped within sight since my switch. The 1 non-pass through was on a bird and it hit the opposite wing socket and almost tour the wing and socket from the bird, which fell of the log and flapped a few times. For me, it is hard for me to change back but I will need more success stories before jumping entirely on the band wagon. I will say that it sucks paying $40 for 3 BHs. Sure wouldbe nice to be the guy that invented them.
I have no flight issues with my thunderheads out as far as I’m willing to shoot them (which for practice purposes is about 60 yds)
If your heads spin true on your arrow, it is not rocket science to achieve field point accuracy with any decent fixed blade head.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

At 50 yds I am dead on with my ROSS(WAS[:@])

The biggest issue with BH not flying well these days is speed of the bows. These Bows shooting a hunting arrow over 300 FPS with a fixed head can and will have poor flight. Slow your arrow down, I like 250-260 FPS.

Quick Reply: BH didn't open, pics added

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.