Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Very BIG cat

Old 04-09-2003, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default Very BIG cat

My buddy just sent me this pic. I don' t know the story behind it, but this is one big cat.

I can' t wait to go hunting!!
Old 04-09-2003, 10:44 AM

Default RE: Very BIG cat

Yea I saw this on another forum.

Supposed quote from the hunter:

We actaully took him home whole and weighed him at the fish Hatchery scale in town, he was 190 pounds. The Skull is 15-12/16 which makes him tied with 5 others skulls for 6th place over all.
Old 04-09-2003, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

I also got this information.

the cat was taken about 20 minutes east of Bellevue (Washington) just outside of North Bend.
Old 04-09-2003, 05:26 PM

That is one big cat!! To bad a peta member can' t run into one like that on a hiking trail[>:]
Old 04-10-2003, 07:32 AM

nice cat, that would be a rush to hunt them.
Old 04-10-2003, 09:16 AM
Banned

Anyone who knows anything about cougars knows damn well that this picture is not the real deal. Reality check time folks. It' s painfully obvious that the photograph has been digitally altered (and not very well at that). I' m sure the next person will challenge this, saying that it' s not only the real thing but that they saw it in person. Believe what you want. Here' s a pic of my friends housecat.

Old 04-10-2003, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Photographs can be very deceiving. Judging by the picture that cat would weigh more than 190 pounds.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:58 AM
Banned

Digital photography aside, there is something about the cougar that makes the picture totally unbelievable. I will grant that the cougar in the picture does indeed look huge, it is apparently very thick thoughout the body and as represented in the picture would probaly top well in excess of two hundred pounds (at least in scale). The only problem is the size of the cougar in relationship to the man holding it. You see if the cougar in the question is as heavy and large as it seems then it is impossible that the man in the picture is to scale. Problem being is that a cougars body (on average) is 7-8 feet long and 10-11 with the tail. Females weigh 45 kilograms or 95 pounds. Males weigh 60-70 kilograms or 130-160 pounds. However the Biggest males can weigh 200 pounds. Now unless buddy in the picture is 9 feet tall, this picture is bogus.
Old 04-10-2003, 12:02 PM

http://www.bowsite.org/biggame/section.cfm?gameid=16

check out all these fake pictures, lets use our CSI skills on these pictures with that awesome theory of scale.
Old 04-10-2003, 12:10 PM

better let boone and crockett know about that theory - they are a bunch of suckers in need of a reality check too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.