Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My Georgia Hoyt Experience. >

My Georgia Hoyt Experience.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My Georgia Hoyt Experience.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default My Georgia Hoyt Experience.

I'm down in Cumming Georgia to spend family time with my bro, kids, my kids, wife and most importantly mom and dad. You know I can't handle sitting around eating X-mas food so I looked up the local Hoyt dealer.

I've been shooting the Hoyt Alphamax 32 here and there at the shops and most of you know I'm ready...My Hoyt Havoctec went on Ebay for $330 so I'm without a compound right now..

I head downto the local shop in Cumming, GA and start BS'ing with this guy...and wouldn't you know he comes out of the back room with a 2 tone black and camo 32...After tossing 30 arrows, a half a can of grizzly and 3 hours I was out the door..

I called my buddy at the local shop in Howell, Michigan and told him to order my 2 tone black and camo bow.

I thought this would be a good post for us bowhunters to see how we research and come about our ways in making our decisions...Have a happy new year my friends.

Brian
Old 12-28-2008, 10:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My Georgia Hoyt Experience.

glad to see you made your decision and got to see one in person.
Derek
Old 12-29-2008, 07:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

I thought this would be a good post for us bowhunters to see how we research and come about our ways in making our decisions...
So did you shoot any other bows, other manufacturers or did you strictly stay brand specific and head set on an Alphamax?
Old 12-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MichiganWhitetails74
I thought this would be a good post for us bowhunters to see how we research and come about our ways in making our decisions...Have a happy new year my friends.

Brian
Brian, I have always shot every bow that I could get my hands on each year before I purchase one. Yes! I'm on BowTech's Corporate Staff, but I still shoot all the bows at the shops I visit, and if I thought there was something better out there I would be shooting it in a heartbeat.

I always like to think I don't shoot BowTech because I'm on Staff, rather I'm on staff because I Believe in and Love their Bows. I also have a lot of experience I bringto my position.

In 03 I bought 4 different Flagship bows from 4 different companies, BowTech, Hoyt, High Country, & Mathews.

I didn't want to make my choice from shooting a bow in a shop for a short time. I shot all these bows over a couple of months and weeded them out one at a time until I only had one left. The BowTech, I am proud to say that for me BowTech bows have fit me better, and performed better for me than any bow I have owned in 40 years of archery.

BowTech has pushed technology so much since that 03 Pat Duallythat the hardest decision every year has been which model is going to be my starter.

That's how I decide what I pack to a Treestand!I have nothing against anyone that shoots Hoyt, Mathews, Bear, etc. as I know everyone likes something different, but I think more people could benefit from shooting everything that is out there.

Enjoy your AM I think it's one of Hoyts best offerings to date. We are brothers together in Bow hunting. Maybe we will share a hunting camp together someday.

Enjoy your new Bow!!

Dan
Old 12-29-2008, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: MichiganWhitetails74

Brian
Brian, I have always shot every bow that I could get my hands on each year before I purchase one. Yes! I'm on BowTech's Corporate Staff, but I still shoot all the bows at the shops I visit, and if I thought there was something better out there I would be shooting it in a heartbeat.

I always like to think I don't shoot BowTech because I'm on Staff, rather I'm on staff because I Believe in and Love their Bows. I also have a lot of experience I bringto my position.

In 03 I bought 4 different Flagship bows from 4 different companies, BowTech, Hoyt, High Country, & Mathews.

I didn't want to make my choice from shooting a bow in a shop for a short time. I shot all these bows over a couple of months and weeded them out one at a time until I only had one left. The BowTech, I am proud to say that for me BowTech bows have fit me better, and performed better for me than any bow I have owned in 40 years of archery.

BowTech has pushed technology so much since that 03 Pat Duallythat the hardest decision every year has been which model is going to be my starter.

That's how I decide what I pack to a Treestand!I have nothing against anyone that shoots Hoyt, Mathews, Bear, etc. as I know everyone likes something different, but I think more people could benefit from shooting everything that is out there.

Enjoy your AM I think it's one of Hoyts best offerings to date. We are brothers together in Bow hunting. Maybe we will share a hunting camp together someday.

Enjoy your new Bow!!

Dan
Well said. I did NOT purchase 4 different bows but I have shot many bows belonging to others as well as in shops. Much like you I continue to shoot as many as I can. For me Hoyt bows are what I continue to shoot better than the others. As you said everyone likes something different and I totally agree you need to shoot all you can before you make a decision.

I am looking for a Turkey hunting only bow right now. I have shot the Mathews Reezen and still don't care for them much. It is a nice bow but I still don't shoot a Mathews very well. Still have to try several BowTech's, Elite's and the Alpha Max's.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

I am less than an hour from there as well as a few other guys from this site, we could have met at a little spot that is about halfway (BASSPRO). I can always use an excuse to go there even if I don't buy anything.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

the more I shoot my alpha max the more I like it.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rob...I strongly agree with you...and Dan...I appreciate your dedication in helping to understand how to make a choice...

I've owned a Matthews 32 in 2002 and I liked it alot but it ate strings..normal for the single cam....I've never owned Bowtech and this is the one thing that lingers in the back of my mind..

So...over the last 6 months I've shot the Admiral, and also the DXT...And the obvious Alphamax 32....I may not have researched enough but I felt I did enough in the "Short bow category" to test out the big 3. I will always be watching Bowtech and I have great respect for Matthews and EVERY bow maker.

I only followed in my Hoyt tradition because of the reliability I had..and this is only individual experience...based on Myself..I have a heart felt passion for the slim DXT and also the Admiral...but this is where I ended up...

I followed in the steps of my 2003 Havoctec and was impressed with the AM 32.And to be honest, I was equally happy with the Bowtech AD. and the DXT...butI just stayed with Hoytbecause of my sentimental feeling I have...I AM NOT afraid to change but I haven't for 2009. There is a reverse to my story.. Limberghost in GA said get down here you Yankee and shoot this bow...he had it set at 27.5 inches and I drove out and bought it for $725. I whipped a Whisker on it and fired some ultra light gold tip 500'sthrough it and pulled 282 with my short draw @65 pounds......and gosh it was quieter than my Michigan shots I made while testing...no rhyme or reason...

I'll post some pics when I get home to Michigan...My AM32 is off the wall in its making......it has the green and yellow string with the black riser and camo limbs....Mike at the shop told me to email him if I wanted to make it go 305 fps with my short draw...We'll see[8D]

Before I exit I want you Southern guys to know something...The bow shop guys in Michigan "Usually" would never HAVEtreated me like i WAS treated in the south. I chewed the fat and tabacco with these guys like we knew each other forever..Noting against Michigan but our culture is just so wired tootight and not open like these guys in Georgia were...this is something us mid west guys need to think about...remember..CUSTOMER #1.

Sorry for the long post but good education forall of us. I learned alot today...Rob/MeanV(DAN)..I finally feel like I'vehad an open conversation with you guys about real stuff. The forum is hard to inner act sometimes..and most importantly hard to read people...This was an awesome approach to something we all love...and thats hunting and buying new bows....and learning from eachother..

Thanks!

Brian
Old 12-29-2008, 07:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Brian, Good read and you are right. Different parts of the country are definitely different. I prefer the laid back atmosphere of home.
I also Love the way I am treated out West. Those people know how to chill. I am sure there is hospitality in every part of the country, but some sections have it in bunches
I also wanted you to know I don't just shoot BowTech because I'm on staff. Actually nothing could be farther from the Truth.
Personal feel in a bow means a lot, and so does our experience with a particular brand.
I just feel like many limit themselves severely by going to buy a bow with a closed mind.
I'll chat with you anytime!! On the forum or on the phone. I wish you the best in 09

Brian, I went to answer your PM, but your inbox is full

Dan
Old 12-29-2008, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Dan! I'll clear the inbox...A good post with real thoughts on how all of the bowmakers are the best of the best.

Thecompound isa Mechanical device that we all have various opinions on..they all shoot great and as individuals we choose our bows...on how they make us feel as individuals.

Minus the wheels and allen wrench screws its very basic when you think about it.....ALL OF THEM ....JUST SHOOT GOSH DARN GREAT....BUT THEY FEEL DIFFERENT TO THE INDIVIDUAL. And thats ok guys......

Brian

Quick Reply: My Georgia Hoyt Experience.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.