Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 POACHING- IM ABOUT TO CROSS THE LINE- >

POACHING- IM ABOUT TO CROSS THE LINE-

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

POACHING- IM ABOUT TO CROSS THE LINE-

Old 12-28-2008, 05:02 PM

Default POACHING- IM ABOUT TO CROSS THE LINE-

Well i never thought i wouldneed toreach this conclusion (or have to for that matter) but after a week of collecting names etc. , im gettin ready tosome local guys NAILED !

I went out to one of my properties last saturday , being that it was our 2nd gun season to check out what local yocals thought they were gonna run aroundthe woods. I was suprised to see when i got there it was surrounded and they were pushing it. needless to say i was freaking raging. So after lots of screaming and threats the land owner finally rolled in, to clarify things. He had gave ONE guy permission to come out and test his luck with his son if he wished. there were 11 men, one boy, and one girl standing there !!!!!!!!!!!Every year on this particular piece of property its mine soley until gun season, with the understaning that i watch over it , fall dead trees , clean field edges to keep joe farmer happy and keep trespassers off. The two guys im speaking of in this post i have had plenty of run-ins with one resulting in fist-to-cuffs where he decided since he was caught he would try to fight. BAD IDEA for him -but thats another post.I found out that they had already shot a deer that day and it was untagged ! Now i was set over the top , so i called around found out his name and called my local wildlife officer ( i know him fairly well) left him a messagte to get back to me ASAP. today the land owner called me to tell me they were shooting deer with a 22 last night a block away and had offered him a deer for the trouble last week !!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS. So intern he called me told me about ( he told me he wants nothing to do with it ) which i guess he figures hes still gotta live by them ?

I think at this point if i dont hear back tommorow im gonna call the sheriffs dpt. and get somethin rollin

Ever had somehtin like this happen to you , how'd you handle it?
Old 12-28-2008, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: POACHING- IM ABOUT TO CROSS THE LINE-

WOW - That's one hell of a soap opera! Sorry too hear your anguish.
I don't know what I'd do, but it wouldn't be pretty?
Just keep your cool and hopefully the law will help provide an answer sooner than later...
Good luck
Old 12-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Be careful....We had a few local cops poach deer off of a property we were hunting. They did it before the season, with crossbows.

It happens. Its hard to stop and trespassing poachers are a reality that you either need to address or just turn a blind eye to.

If it gets physical, you've gotta defend yourself. But, do what you can through working with Local, State and F&W law enforcement to resolve the issue before it gets dirty.
Speaking of turning a blind eye, what's with the girl in your latest avatar?That's NOT the same one you had as your avater yesterday.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:46 PM

I was trying to read his post but got sidetracked by his avatar lol
Old 12-28-2008, 06:06 PM
bigcountry

But what does any of this have to do with bowhunting and why is it in the bowhunting forum?

Old 12-28-2008, 06:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

But what does any of this have to do with bowhunting and why is it in the bowhunting forum?
Because that avatar is on the bowhunting forum, or am I mistaken?
Old 12-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it's about poaching does it matter which forum it's in? I sorta like the stories of people dealing with poachers,if they can come to a solution it's even better! If he has had trouble with the same folks before then LEO's need to be involved so there's record and they can establish a pattern and work up some kind of indicment.If one of them has tried his hand at whipping you and it didn't work first time be careful of next time,he might tilt the scales more in his favor with a weapon! Good luck and work with the law on this one!
Old 12-28-2008, 06:41 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-28-2008, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dave,
Be careful how hard you push, unless the land-owner is willing to push with you, you may end up the odd man out, and looking for a new place to hunt. I've seen that happen a few times. 11 guys giving a landowner grief vs. 1 Nice guy who wouldn't give him any grief is sometimes and easy decision to make, even if it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. You GW seems like a pretty nice guy, I called and talked with him about a month ago, regarding a deer I killed up there, hopefully he can guide you, but be cautious, I'd hate to hear you telling us about a nice piece of land you USED to hunt.

You've got PM also....

Quick Reply: POACHING- IM ABOUT TO CROSS THE LINE-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.