Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best one pin brightest, durable hunting site?? >

Best one pin brightest, durable hunting site??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best one pin brightest, durable hunting site??

Old 12-28-2008, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Best one pin brightest, durable hunting site??

I agree with Stickbow a.k.a. Walt! Vital Bow Gear makes a very bright sight. I switched from HHA to VBG becuse they are much lighter also. The VBG is also easier on the wallet if that matters.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don, While I sell all the sights listed above, my personal choice is the HHA Optimizer Ultra with the large pin guard, and 10' of fiber optic wrap.
The Rheostat pin guard allows you to adjust the pin brightness to conditions.
If the moon is out my pin lights up. I have noticed setting in a tree stand in the morning that I can see my pin way before I could ever see a deer well enough to shoot at.
I'm really not sure why a light or a brighter pin would be of any advantage.
I have 2 of these sights on my personal bows and they are easy to sight in, quick to adjust, andsuper rugged.
I'll soon have a third one!!

Dan
Old 12-28-2008, 03:16 PM
Banned

Hey guys...what's up with the tape scale on that HHA?I'm watching AT classifieds on all of these recs..thanks
Old 12-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Hey guys...what's up with the tape scale on that HHA?I'm watching AT classifieds on all of these recs..thanks
Don, It comes with several computer generated sight tapes, as well as a sight in tape. You sight in at 20 yards and then 60 yards or 40 yards. Pick the appropriate tape and you are good to go at any yardage from 20 to 60 yards. The tape is markedby the yard.

Dan
Old 12-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

What's that?
It the newer HHA with the dial adjust. It's what I have on my hunting bow. I've had one on my hunting bow for 2 years now. It will more than likely be 3yrs next year.
There's the best, and there's all the rest! HHA is the best/brightest.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: early in

What's that?
It the newer HHA with the dial adjust. It's what I have on my hunting bow. I've had one on my hunting bow for 2 years now. It will more than likely be 3yrs next year.
That's the overwhelming answer on AT too in this same thread. I have always used Black Gold radiant sites with skycoil technology and they are superbright, but I want a one pin sight..
Old 12-28-2008, 05:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

What's that?
That's the overwhelming answer on AT too in this same thread. I have always used Black Gold radiant sites with skycoil technology and they are superbright, but I want a one pin sight..
My mom (God rest her soul) once told me a long time ago, if you hear the same thing from enough people, you should begin to believe them. Kind of like the Lone Wolf thing.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don-I have used the HHA sights for a couple of years now and I like them a lot. They are well built, bright and easy to adjust. Having said that, I am anxious to see one of the new Spot Hogg single pin sights. They are new for '09 and info is scarce right now. After shooting Spot Hogg fixed pin sights for a while I think this could be the only sight that could "one up" the HHA.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Banned

What's that?
My mom (God rest her soul) once told me a long time ago, if you hear the same thing from enough people, you should begin to believe them. Kind of like the Lone Wolf thing.
yea..i agree. Found one on AT for $100 which is 80-90 cheaper than new and there are 40 million guys ahead of me wanting it too and the guy wont look in his pm box
Old 12-28-2008, 07:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I Love Spot Hogg sights and I think their multi pin sights are the best on the market.
I'll reserve judgement on the single pins until I get one in my hands and judging from past new products that could be a while.
I undoubtedly will have one on a Bow to test at some point!

Dan

Quick Reply: Best one pin brightest, durable hunting site??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.