Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 rant about Bass Pro Shop. (just sharing my experience) >

rant about Bass Pro Shop. (just sharing my experience)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

rant about Bass Pro Shop. (just sharing my experience)

Old 12-26-2008, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default rant about Bass Pro Shop. (just sharing my experience)

so as some of you know i am new to bow hunting. and i got my Xmas money today and went out the bass pro to pick up my new bow.

now i love going up to bass pro, I'm like a kid in a candy store. but today really changed my opinion on some aspects of the store. ie. the bow section.

so its busy as hell in there and i wait to be seen to, and i really feel sorry for the 3 people trying to serve the hordes of people. so its finally my turn and i explain to the guy that I'm new to bow hunting and iwant to buy a bow package and I'm after one of the diamond packages. so he pulls out the black ice back which is close to $800. so after talking to him about it for a couple of minutes i ask if i could try it out (coz thats what you do right?) i didn't want to buy a bow i didn't like. so we go into the firring range and he turns to me and say "you know, i don't really have time for this" WTF?? so i asked him did he want the sale or what, and he turned and handed me the loaded bow.

now i did get the bow. and he seemed to rush me through, but i felt like i had to buy this bow or get lost. i explained to him i wanted a diamond but wasn't comfortable spending that much money on my first bow, and he responded with "well you wanted a diamond package and thats what this is" not to mention the 5 other diamond packages avaliable...

not happy, but i am so happy i got a kick arse bowand am looking forward to sharing my hunting experiences with you all

good luck for the rest of the season everyone.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: rant about Bass Pro Shop. (just sharing my experience)

I would have complained to a manager and saw if I could get a discount seeing how the sales employee was disrespectful
Old 12-26-2008, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was in Bass Pro today and noticed the same thing. I wasn't buying anything in the archery section, but while looking at treestands nearby I noticed how ridiculous it is in the archery section. 2 guys, 20-30 customers. One of the guys working there seemed really rude. Thats why I dont deal with them for anythingarchery.Try to find a local archery shop near you. A lot of the small archery shops are run by good people that will take the time to help you get set up.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would have complained to someone...for sure
Old 12-27-2008, 06:30 AM
Dominant Buck

I'd never buy a bow, especially as a newbie from some place like Bass Pro. Really, most of the technicians are substandard. You won't get the personnal touch. Your guy will be gone within 4 months etc etc etc. You really won't save much if any money. A good proshop can offer you so much more, insure your bow is set up right and take some time if he thinks it might get a sale. Bass Pro is like a puppy factory. They just bring it in one door and shove it out the other. Tech help is at best spotty.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:53 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: davidmil

I'd never buy a bow, especially as a newbie from some place like Bass Pro. Really, most of the technicians are substandard. You won't get the personnal touch. Your guy will be gone within 4 months etc etc etc. You really won't save much if any money. A good proshop can offer you so much more, insure your bow is set up right and take some time if he thinks it might get a sale. Bass Pro is like a puppy factory. They just bring it in one door and shove it out the other. Tech help is at best spotty.
This is true. If you can bring it to a local pro shop to get it paper tuned and set up. Keep your ears open while there, the advice you will get is priceless.

I bought a Hoyt from a big box store and they set it up. A year later I brought it to my local pro shop and we made some changes and my group tightened up by at least 50%.

Bob
Old 12-27-2008, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

One of the things you need to remember about a large store like that is the reason they can offer lower prices is because of the volume they sell. Basically they need to sell 2 bow compared to a higher price local shop just to make the same amount of profit. And since there motto is "sell sell" thats what they do.
Probably the biggest mistake was trying to do it around christmas. you can forget trying to get good help at any major retailer during the holidays.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well if it's any consolation, the Black Ice is a fantastic bow, you did good.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:19 AM
Fork Horn

When i got into archery from gun hunting about 4 years ago i went to basspro to look for a cheap bow to get started with.One of the techs their also a bowhunter, after selecting a bow(pse nova)said your not leaving here until you know the basics.first the bow was setup to me,then he showed me how to hold and draw back the bow,then we spent about a hour shooting at a target to sight in the bow and go over my form to make sure i knew the basics.
Looking back now i think i had some pretty good service from that tech and made my transition into archery,what it is today....
Old 12-27-2008, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

i love bass pro but that guy acted like a douche

Quick Reply: rant about Bass Pro Shop. (just sharing my experience)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.