HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Deer sightings this season (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/279865-deer-sightings-season.html)

CCPaHunter 12-24-2008 12:04 PM

RE: Deer sightings this season

My sightings while actually huntingwere the same as last year which is to say fantastic. I had seven eights and two six's in bow range. I came to full draw on four of the eights and let them walk. I also saw a few that I would have taken but didn't have the shot.During hunting season I take the back roads home from work and usually see 40 - 60 deer coming outinto the fields.

piketon_hunter#9 12-24-2008 12:07 PM

ive seen more deer this year... i think its because i did considerably more scouting

early in 12-24-2008 12:11 PM

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

This was the worst season for me, as far as deer seen during Bowhunting .......by far!
PT said it for me! At least here in Pa.I have to say that the rut activity that I saw/experiencedin Alberta the last week of Novwas beyond anything I've ever seen in my life. It was unreal!

NY Bowhunter 12-24-2008 12:19 PM

Does were about the norm. I saw more (and passed on more) 1.5 and 2.5 year old bucks then I probably have in the previous 2 seasons combined. It became comical towards the end. I'm just hoping a lot of those 2.5 year olds survived.

TeeJay 12-24-2008 03:07 PM

I saw way more bucks Way less does and fawn. Up north in 227 hr on stand I saw 9 antlerless of whick 3 were fawn. It is going to be a tough year next yeatr. To many years of 5 tags and way I mean WAY to many twolves.

ksfowler 12-24-2008 03:15 PM

THis is the second year to bow hunt but compaired to last year i saw quite a few more deer, but i also only hunted 5 times this year.

Mottz 12-24-2008 03:41 PM

I chose different areas this year and doe sightings were average but my buck sightings were up considerably.

Ben / PA 12-24-2008 03:53 PM

My sightings were up, but so was my time afield and the quality of land I was hunting. I will need next year to get an accurate reading on where we are heading.;)

Steven McBee 12-24-2008 05:32 PM

deer sightings were equal, with mature buck sightings down

we had a REALLY hard winter last year and i found 2 bucks dead who had already shed their antlers that looked like they had some thick bases

buckeye 12-24-2008 05:42 PM

My early season went very slow.... I haven't saw that few deer through first three weeks of October since I was cutting my bowhunting teeth...

Last week of October through November was not bad, big buck sightings were way down though but overall buck sightings were good. I saw 3 shooters, 2 in Ohio and the one from PA.

I do not personallyknow anyone locally who shot a P&Y this year.

It was a slow year for big bucks foreveryone I know aroundhere.