HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Deer sightings this season (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/279865-deer-sightings-season.html)

Canuck33 12-24-2008 09:30 AM

RE: Deer sightings this season

My sighting in the stand were way down this year however I still saw a good #. My trail cam was a different story I took way more pics than ever this year. I think the standing corn that is still up wasa major part not to mention for some reason the deer were more nocternal than ever which could also be in part due to that fact they knew the good food source was rightin the back pockets and they didni't need to travel far.

peakrut 12-24-2008 09:33 AM

I put better then usual and part of it had to do with me and the lone wolf
being mobile. Another factor is I hunted 2 properties that I don't usually
hunt and I waited to do this later in the season. As for next year
I have another piece of property that I could not hunt that was
next to one of these. Ihave since gained permissionand the big boy
that I was watching hopelessly better watch out.
Oh I should alsohave a new spot in Ohio next year so
hopefully more sightings to come.

dmen 12-24-2008 09:56 AM

I saw a total of 10 deer this year with at least 50 sits, maybe more. Lat year with a little less sits i saw around 30 deer.We had a terrible winter last year with estimates being around 60% of the deer pop killed off. I hunted a couple of new places where I didn;t get to scout at all, but in my areas I scouted I saw much less deer.

MeanV2 12-24-2008 09:57 AM

My sightings were up slightly, but you have to consider I spent 300 plus hours in a blind or a Tree.
I had over 40 bucks in bow range this year, and many more just out of range.
I found through the years the more time I spend hunting, the Luckier I get;)

Dan

Deleted User 12-24-2008 09:59 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Huntinman23 12-24-2008 09:59 AM

i had by far the worst season of bow hunting i have ever had this year. i saw a total of three deer and they were all does.

SuperRedHawk 12-24-2008 11:25 AM

My "honeyhole" spot was way down. I rely on the acorns, and there were absolutely ZERO acorns this year, and no crops anywhere nearby. I did score a decent buck there, but only because he was cruisin for chicks!
Also, the weather was screwy. Colder than usual and lots of very windy days. The wind made the deer move less, and the cold made me hunt less :(

sr77 12-24-2008 11:59 AM

I had a good season as far as sightings were concerned.

Shane

jmbuckhunter 12-24-2008 12:02 PM

My sightings actually went up from previous seasons. But I was hunting a totally different area than I usually hunt. And from what my neighbors said, the sightings were way down from what they are used to seeing. If this is true, I can't wait till next year.:)

razor6570 12-24-2008 12:02 PM

My deer sighting were down. At the beginning of the season things were smoking hot. I was seing deer everytime out. Until the early muzzleloader season and then they all disappeared.

All the real nice bucks I was seeing disappeared and I just could not locate them for most of the season. I was able to harvest a nice 9 point but overall it was a below average season.

The one farm that I have been hunting for years was terrible this year. The farmer had nothing planted that was really attracting anything. There was one corn field and it ws in the wide open not leaving much daylight movement. I believe that the deer moved to the next farm over that had standind corn up to three weeks ago. I may give the farm another try in the late season.