Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Deer sightings this season >

Deer sightings this season

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer sightings this season

Old 12-24-2008, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer sightings this season

Deer sightings were up from previous years, mainly because of more time in the woods
Old 12-24-2008, 08:26 AM

My favorite farm, where I killed my buck, my sightings increased ten fold....I think I can blame smarter hunting for that though.

Like Grizz said, other places are still hurting from last years EHD.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:28 AM

The number of deer I saw this year was about the same. I did see more young bucks than normal this year so hopefully that means good things next year. We'll see.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was expecting this to be a horrible year. All the rain we got here in Illinois meant that there was a lot of corn planted late. This was the first year I can remember hunting in Illinois and having standing corn up in November. However, I had one of the best seasons ever this year, both with the number of deer seen and the quality of deer taken. I think the key was I knew this spring I was going to have crops in the field, so I scouted planning on that. I did not rely on my normal "go to" spots because I knew the patterns were going to be way off this year.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw 3 bucks and around 15 doe last year only and I hunted hard.

I hunted about the same amount of hours this year and have seen 15 bucks and 18 does. Off season scouting paid off for me.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

My Doe sightings were down big time, bucks were up big time. I hunted a new area this year 75% of the time!
Old 12-24-2008, 08:45 AM
Banned

Better than usual
Old 12-24-2008, 08:54 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

I was expecting this to be a horrible year. All the rain we got here in Illinois meant that there was a lot of corn planted late. This was the first year I can remember hunting in Illinois and having standing corn up in November. However, I had one of the best seasons ever this year, both with the number of deer seen and the quality of deer taken. I think the key was I knew this spring I was going to have crops in the field, so I scouted planning on that. I did not rely on my normal "go to" spots because I knew the patterns were going to be way off this year.
Excellent tip right there!
Old 12-24-2008, 09:17 AM

My sightings were way up, but I attribute that to smarter hunting and a little more knowledge of my spots.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

My place near town were WAY up. Typically I would see two or three a season, I've now seen 5 diffrent bucks, the same group of four doe (I think) and a Doe and her BB and doe fawn

As for my place thats 5 hours away, seen about the same amount of deer but a lot closer than last year

Quick Reply: Deer sightings this season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.