Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best blind for bowhunting? >

Best blind for bowhunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best blind for bowhunting?

Old 12-24-2008, 12:12 AM

Default Best blind for bowhunting?

What do you guys use that has plenty of room for pulling back? And do you shoot with both eyes open? I have watched the guys on tv shot with one eye and two eyes, I was just wondering what to do!
Old 12-24-2008, 02:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Best blind for bowhunting?

Old style ASAT isthe best bang for the buck

Both eyes OPEN for sure
Old 12-24-2008, 06:50 AM
Fork Horn

I like Ameristep's Penthouse blind. You can stand up in this one and take a shot just like in practice.

I also shoot with both eyes open.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

Is the eye question only with respect to in-blind hunting?? I'm assuming its a general question. I'm a 1 eyed shooter for sure, next season I might buy those special peeps that allow you to use both eyes.(simply b/c my dominant eye is worse at long range than the other) If you're set up to use 1 eye, like with a standard peep and that's what you're used to then I would stick with it for the remainder of this season at least.

Also, try your hunting blind IN STORE. I had to go back twice b/c my blinds weren't long enough to draw back in (even two man blinds). Just measure yourself out including elbow and broadhead while factoring in that when drawing, you often need 6'' on both sides b/c you never know if you might jerk slightly each way when the time comes. Since the last thing you want to do is bang your elbow or broadhead against the blind during crunch time.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

My son and I use an Escape Deluxe for turkey. Seems to work well for us.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

1 eye

As far as blinds any hub blind.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:38 PM
Banned

I have an ASAT and a couple of Double Bulls..all are great blinds..dont have any experience with the disposeable cheap ones on the market.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:03 PM
Fork Horn

Definetly 2 eyes! started using 2 eyes about 5 years ago and has drastically helped my shooting on the 3D range and in the field. I would recommend anybody to shoot with2 eyes
Old 12-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

NOT an ameristep doghouse. Great gun blind, not enough room to draw a bow though...
Old 12-24-2008, 09:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've owned several different brands of Blinds including Double Bull models T5, T2, Matrix, & the new Dark Horse.

The New Dark Horse is hands down the best Blind I've ever hunted out of, and well worth the $$ if you are planning to keep it long term.

Dan

Quick Reply: Best blind for bowhunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.