Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 first day with the new bow... >

first day with the new bow...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

first day with the new bow...

Old 12-21-2008, 06:52 PM

Default first day with the new bow...

my first day hunting with my new christmas present...BEAR LIGHTS OUT, i went out with my buddy whos visiting me and his dad who just got off shouder surgery, i wasnt in my climber 30 minutes when this doe walks up 12 yards quartering to me...and i MUZZYFIED HER with a good liver shot, she ran n a big circle and stopped about 20 yards for a good 20 minutes and i thought she was going to fall right there, but i couldnt put another arrow in her becuase of the brush and she walked off...so i got the team together (tommy, troy, me) and we hung out at my house for about 2 hours til about 415 and we picked up the blood trail and followed it about 200 yards with no problems becuase of the snow, and we found her standing weak kneed at the top of a hill, and watched her crash back down, but when we walked up to her, she bolted real slow-like...we knew she was on her last leg so my grampa (whooriginally came over to help me finish the septic tank) called it off til this morning, so me and tommy went out at 8am in -17 degree weather with wind chill, and found her 20 yards from where we spooked her in a brushpile, so i threw her on the back of the new suzuki kingquad 450 and ran her up to the house and gutted her in the yard...i could NOT be happier with my new bow!

-thats the most effort ive ever put into finding a 100lb doe

Old 12-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: first day with the new bow...

congrats! but wheres the pics?

Wayne
Old 12-22-2008, 12:44 PM

i dont have a camera...
Old 12-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats, major man law violation though.