Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Left-handed shooters..... >

Left-handed shooters.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Left-handed shooters.....

Old 04-08-2003, 07:31 AM

Default Left-handed shooters.....

I' m curious on how many left-handed shooters we have on this forum? Secondly, I would like to know how many have found shops that carry an assortment of left-handed bows for us (lefties) to test shoot!!! Also feel free about anything else that fustrates you in regards to be a left-handed shooter.

Thanks and good hunting!!
jt
Old 04-08-2003, 08:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Left-handed shooters.....

I' m a lefty and as a result have bought a majority of my bows without shooting them. There are several shops in my area, but none that carry left handed bows in any quantity. I tried teaching myself to shoot right handed so I could test shoot some bows, but it just doesn' t feel the same. Other frustrations include finding accessories. Everything either has to be ordered by the dealer or by myself. It is rare that I can find what I want in the " backwards" configuration. But hey, it' s a small price to pay for something that I really love.
Old 04-08-2003, 08:34 AM

I' m lefthanded as well. Pretty much the same story as HuntingBry. I buy my bows basically by researching them and just " checking out" right-handed bows at the shop. I dont have much trouble with accesories though. Working at the shop, I can simply order whatever I need and get it at cost.
Old 04-08-2003, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

when i first began hunting i shot right handed but later i found i was left eye dominent,this year i will be looking to buy a new bow i hope the pro shops have left handed bows setup to tryout
Old 04-08-2003, 11:39 AM

I am left handed. The first bow I bought was a used one from another south paw friend of mine. My bow now was bought new and luckily a major hunting store had a couple in stock. My local shop doesn' t carry any new left handed bows, but he has a couple used ones. I always have to call and check before I order accesories to make sure it' s made for leftys too. I am planning on a new bow next year and will probably choose mostly by the specs I see and will pull back a right handed bow to feel how smooth it draws. Just remember, EVERYONE IS BORN RIGHT HANDED, ONLY THE GREAT ONES TURN LEFT!!!
Old 04-08-2003, 12:04 PM

I' m one of the great normal people. Lefty! I run a shop so I don' t have a problem with left hand bows. I actually pick up a lot of customers because I always have these normal bows in stock and ready to shoot. They always get to try my stuff too. They also like buying my bows beacause I set them up with Winner' s Choice string and cable and Loesch grip. I' m always trying out the new accessories so the guys get first hand info. I still get POed at bow manufacturers who don' t get left hand bows available until April or May! 3D season has started. Hate waiting!!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2003, 12:34 PM
Typical Buck

Another SouthPaw right here.

I just went through my local shops. None had left hand bows in stock. In essence I just went out and shot all of the right handed bows, left handed. Makes for an interesting grip on the Tec riser Hoyt bows, but it can be done. Made my decision based on the righty versions.

As mentioned above getting left handed acessories (sights, rests, etc...) is always a joy. I just assume that I will always have to order them.

I have accepted that if I want left hand equipment then I will always have to order it. Same holds true for rifles as well. Took quite awhile to find a left handed A-Bolt in .270Win.

Old 04-08-2003, 06:48 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-08-2003, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Being a left-handed bow shooter kinda sucks. The closest archery shop to me is 2-1/2 hrs away and then the' re a joke as they only carry what moves, its a very slow moveing archery shop so then I go to Walley World and thats another joke. Now I go back home and order from the Cabelas catolog, and in a week or so later my order comes in and is wrong for one reason or another so I send it back, I re-order and after another week or two I get my second order, it might work so instead of sending it back I make adjustments in useing it and use it upside down or backwards so I can shoot in the 3d shoot. When I get to the 3d shoot I find out the course was set up by a bunch of righties which explains my low score[:' (]. ( I always liked this excuse) Just as bow season is about to begin, my bow breaks and I reach for my back up and dust off the limbs hopeing that this bow will carry me through the season and winching everytime I pull back, and in knowing that the closest LH bow is no place to be found within 500 miles. The bow makes it through bow season and now its gun season and now I must re-adjust my treestand and cut additional shooting lanes or just totally move my stand because I shoot a gun as a righty. By the way this story is true as it happened to me last year. Bobby [:' (]
Old 04-08-2003, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another southpaw shooter here.
It doesn`t bother me that much though, because I can shoot right handed well enough to get the feel of a different bow.

BTW, I get 2 or 3 new bows every year, and usually let them go fairly cheap when the next model year gets close.

Quick Reply: Left-handed shooters.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.