Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What a fitting end to a GREAT season. >

What a fitting end to a GREAT season.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What a fitting end to a GREAT season.

Old 12-20-2008, 05:27 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: What a fitting end to a GREAT season.

Thanks to all of you......

Entrance....another one of my qtr away shots.....but the BH (mech....but not the rage) did the job quite nicely. I was pleased with the new, heavier arrow setup.

Exit......I found the arrow right behind the POI. Not stuck in the ground.....but a clean pass-thru, nonetheless.

EI....thank you very much. I wish the same for you and yours.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:32 PM
Banned

Your 1st pass thru, U can sleep at night now??
Old 12-20-2008, 05:33 PM

Good job Jeff. I knewyou would like thoseheavier arrows. What mech head did you use?

Have a good Christmas...Jimmy
Old 12-20-2008, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats the way to end a season. Nothing like going out with a last day kill. But I was expecting the longbow to be in the picture.Congrats on another very successful season Jeff. And I think you will end up liking the heavier arrow no matter what's on the business end.

I have only killed a deer once on the last day of the season, a nice doe . But I killed my best buck ever on my last sit one year, Jan. 2nd. Called it quits after that.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:58 PM
Dominant Buck

The BH was a PSE BH that Will (iamyourhuck) left here with me when he visited. I took my 11/28 buck with it and this doe. Seems to work just fine. It's a 3 blade mech. and I apologize for not knowing the name of it (Brute?). When she dropped she was dead.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:27 PM

Congrats on another fine doe. Enjoy your time off.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:39 PM

That is certainly the right way to end a season, congrats.

I am nearing the point of needing a break from the hunting scene myself. I enjoyed being teammates on our"other" team. Enjoy your time away.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on the doe and a great season!
Old 12-20-2008, 07:57 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I had a hiccup on Halloween day......but other than that....I had the best season I could imagine. New land....new doe groups......different bucks......the full gamut.

I was able to take 2 does early......mix in a couple more as the season progressed......take the Halloween buck (the hiccup that was a very late recovery)......my big (Ok...for these parts) 6-pointer......and also got to mix in a little ground hunting (and treestand hunting) with the longbow. Though I wasn't successful with the trad gear.....it made me realize I want to do more hutning with it in the coming years.

Today I went to the piebald woodlot across the street......where I haven't taken a deer in over 2 years. I almost always see them, there....but they seem to always see or smell me, first. Last night I was on the ground and saw them skirt me through a pasture. Tonight I got set up where I thought they would enter the woodlot....and waited.

I saw them coming.....several of them. I had a couple chances early....but too many eyes. I finally picked my spot on one of them and loosed my arrow. She only went 100 yds or so....into the pasture....and I watched her pile up.

She was a REALLY light brown (compared to the other does).....and I guess it was just a color phase. When I got up to her....I couldn't believe the size of her. She's easily the biggest doe I've ever taken.

Here's to a great ending to a great season.....my NC doe No. 5 for the season....and 7th overall deer (this year).

I'm gonna take a much needed break from all things hunting.....including HNI for a while. I'll check in from time to time to check PM's (MY email address is also on my profile).....and if you've been invited here to turkey hunt....I look forward to hearing from you. If someone would be so kind as to sign me up for the turkey bowhunting contest....I would greatly appreciate it.

My closing day doe...

God bless you all and I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas.

GMMAT, may i ask why you are taking a break from HNI?
Old 12-20-2008, 09:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congratulation's Jeff on another doe and also on a real good season!! You've shot damn near half as many deer this year (6 deer) as I've shot In 24 years of bow hunting (15 deer). Well done and congratulation's once again!!

Quick Reply: What a fitting end to a GREAT season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.