HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   The Harrisburg Sport Show (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/279379-harrisburg-sport-show.html)

Rickmur 12-20-2008 03:50 PM

The Harrisburg Sport Show

Who's going this year and who is going to be represented? I think it's the 1st week in Feb. I want to meet up again with Andy (Dissel) and hope to get one of those safty vests if he has any, hint hint:D.

Rick James 12-20-2008 04:07 PM

RE: The Harrisburg Sport Show

I'll be there the last weekend. Dan will be there with me too. I'll be shooting in the 3D event on that Saturday in MBO, and depending on if I make the finals and when they hold them for my class, I may be there Sunday too. Hope to see some of you there!

MGH_PA 12-20-2008 04:17 PM

I really want to get back down there again, but it will most likely only be a Saturday if at all. I wouldn't mind shooting in the 3D comp as well, just for experience. I think Ben/PA is going Saturday, too, so I will have to see.

Rick James 12-20-2008 04:29 PM

ORIGINAL: MGH_PA

I really want to get back down there again, but it will most likely only be a Saturday if at all. I wouldn't mind shooting in the 3D comp as well, just for experience. I think Ben/PA is going Saturday, too, so I will have to see.
Matt - You and Ben should try to make it the last Saturday. The crowds aren't quite as bad, plus you will get to hang out with Dan and I......[8D]

early in 12-20-2008 06:19 PM

The Harrisburg show is from Feb 7th-15th. I'llprobably check it out during the week though. They've ALWAYS got obscene crowds there![:@]

MGH_PA 12-20-2008 06:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Rick James

Matt - You and Ben should try to make it the last Saturday. The crowds aren't quite as bad, plus you will get to hang out with Dan and I......[8D]
It's actually later than I thought it was for some reason. That would be the 15th, ok sounds good. Hopefully I can make it.

my7pointmonster 12-20-2008 06:41 PM

I'll be there one of the days, maybe tuesday or something via there wont be anyone there. (hahaha!)

fatsbucknut 12-20-2008 08:34 PM

Considering i work about 1/4 mile from there, i'll be there atleast one of the days again. Hopefully i'll make it that last saturday to watch some of you guys shoot.

titleist_03 12-20-2008 08:50 PM

I'm going to try to make it out that way. Heard it's a heck of a show. I'll be at the Midwest Extremem Hunting booth if I can find a way out there from IL.

JoshKeller 12-20-2008 09:57 PM

i'll be there, just not sure on the days yet

Kamil 12-20-2008 09:59 PM

I"ll be there either the first weekend or the monday and tuesday after the first weekend

Rob/PA Bowyer 12-20-2008 10:02 PM

I'll make it at least twice, if we follow suit from last year, Matt / PA should qualify on the first weekend, I'll shoot Monday and we'll hope Matt (RJ) qualifies on his shoot to meet in the finals on the second Saturday.

buckeye 12-20-2008 10:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I'll make it at least twice, if we follow suit from last year, Matt / PA should qualify on the first weekend, I'll shoot Monday and we'll hope Matt (RJ) qualifies on his shoot to meet in the finals on the second Saturday.
I think RJ is shooting open now.

Redneck Bow Hunter 12-20-2008 11:31 PM

I will probably be there friday the 13th always better to go during the week less crowded can take your time and enjoy the show hope to see some of you there.

WesternMdHardwoods 12-21-2008 12:40 AM

I may try to make it out again this year??I went last year and got the chance to see Matt/Pa and Frank(Kidd642???) shoot a little but was too shy to introduce myself so maybe I will try this year???

I did however getto meet Andy(Diesel77) and pick up a great UC outfit, so hopefully by Feb he will have his Fleece line of stuff and I will have an excuse to go this year[8D][8D]!!!

In a couple weeks we will have to start a thread like Andy did last year and see which days for sure everyone will be there, plus find out where UA's camo booth will be?? Hope to see ya all there!!!!

my7pointmonster 12-21-2008 01:06 AM

Yeah I watched people shooting too and wasn't all about saying hi. Like you said let's get the post going closer to that time about who's going when and get something going for a meet and greet.

Ryan.

Rick James 12-21-2008 06:51 AM

ORIGINAL: buckeye

Yep, I'll be shooting open.

Rob/Matt- Do you guys remember if Open shoots finals at the same time as MBR?

Ben / PA 12-21-2008 07:36 AM

Sounds like a good time. I am in. I hope to be there for more than just spectating this year too.;)

Rob/PA Bowyer 12-21-2008 07:39 AM

ORIGINAL: buckeye

Yep, I'll be shooting open.

Rob/Matt- Do you guys remember if Open shoots finals at the same time as MBR?
I do think open shot right along with us last year. Hell, that's only 2 guys from each day so what 16 guys on the line? Yeah, I think they did so that'd still be cool.

rybohunter 12-21-2008 08:21 AM

I'll be there one of the 2 weeekends, just not sure which yet.

sr77 12-21-2008 08:23 AM

I know I am going there, just not sure when. Would be nice to meet some of you guys if possible.:D

Shane

bmb2759 12-21-2008 11:00 AM

The girlfriends family lives in Harrisburgh. I could pay them a visit at the same time. Would it be worth the trip from Pittsburgh? Are there vendors there and would be prices be any better then regular retail?

early in 12-21-2008 11:06 AM

ORIGINAL: bmb2759

Are there vendors there and would be prices be any better then regular retail?
Venders? Probably more than you'll have time to check out, unless you spend more than a day there.:D As far as prices go, that's questionable.;)

E.Fudd 12-21-2008 11:08 AM

Is this an Archery only type of show? I might make the trip down to see what it is all about.

The Toronto sportman show is pretty lame, in has gone down hilli in the past few years.

virginiashadow 12-21-2008 11:10 AM

I'd like to come up from Virginia if any of you guys will be there...not a long trip at all from Northern Virginia.

early in 12-21-2008 11:11 AM

They have EVERYTHING under the sun there regarding all aspects ofhunting &fishing, ect. It's HUGE!

_Dan 12-21-2008 11:20 AM

I've thought about getting a booth and displaying in the show before.....but I've done 10 day shows and vowed never to do another!

early in 12-21-2008 11:22 AM

ORIGINAL: _Dan

I've thought about getting a booth and displaying in the show before.....but I've done 10 day shows and vowed never to do another!
I guess this means you're not going?:D

_Dan 12-21-2008 11:25 AM

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: _Dan

I guess this means you're not going?:D
Well, if I ever do another 10 day show, this would be it. I may call tomorrow and see if they have any booth space left.....just so I can meet a bunch of you punks.

MOhunter46 12-21-2008 11:31 AM

I wish i could go, i think it would be cool to meet a bunch of you guys but i live in frickin Missouri[:@]

Wayne

Diesel77 12-21-2008 01:42 PM

We will be there again with a double booth, but this year we are in the North Hall. Any of you shooters need a base camp to keep your bows, cases,shopping bags, or whatever, (sorrythis doesnotinclude dropping kids off LOL) feel free to do so at our booth regardless of your camo preference.I look forward to seeing all my buddies and meeting new ones.

Andy

buckeye 12-21-2008 04:51 PM

ORIGINAL: MOhunter46

I wish i could go, i think it would be cool to meet a bunch of you guys but i live in frickin Missouri[:@]

Wayne
I would take MO over PA any day of the week bro, consider yourself lucky:D

WV Hunter 12-21-2008 05:32 PM

I'll be heading up there at some point, not sure when yet. Maybe I'll bump into some of you guys. I'll definitely stop by the UC booth...wanna see that stuff in person:D

2robinhood 12-21-2008 06:18 PM

Is stuff forsale there?

Diesel77 12-21-2008 07:08 PM

ORIGINAL: 2robinhood

Is stuff forsale there?
Everything you can think of for outdoors stuff. Bows, arrows, braodheads, clothes, guided and un guided hunts, tree stands, blinds, just about anything you could ever imagine, boats, cars, trucks, food processors, guns, 4 wheelers, all kinds of fishing stuff, camping equipment, hunting dog stuff, you name it, its there more than likely.

Rickmur 12-22-2008 02:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Diesel77

ORIGINAL: 2robinhood

Is stuff forsale there?
Everything you can think of for outdoors stuff. Bows, arrows, braodheads, clothes, guided and un guided hunts, tree stands, blinds, just about anything you could ever imagine, boats, cars, trucks, food processors, guns, 4 wheelers, all kinds of fishing stuff, camping equipment, hunting dog stuff, you name it, its there more than likely.
Ultimate Camo Safety Vests ? ;)

Rick James 12-22-2008 08:23 PM

OK guys, change of plans..................[:-]

I'll be there, but most likely the first weekend. I'd really really like to go the last weekend to try and qualify for finals, but it's valentines day weekend................[:@]. Whoever came up with that genius idea should be hung in accordance with man law. With the length of my leash all year long and with this falling just after my hunting season ends.........I gotta be at home that weekend. [:'(]

rybohunter 12-22-2008 08:47 PM

but it's valentines day weekend................[:@].
Yea no kidding, I get a double whammy. Her birthday is the 1st weekend, and V-day the 2nd. I still get one for the show, still not sure which yet.

Rob/PA Bowyer 12-22-2008 09:06 PM

OK guys, change of plans..................[:-]

I'll be there, but most likely the first weekend. I'd really really like to go the last weekend to try and qualify for finals, but it's valentines day weekend................[:@]. Whoever came up with that genius idea should be hung in accordance with man law. With the length of my leash all year long and with this falling just after my hunting season ends.........I gotta be at home that weekend. [:'(]
So your not shooting? If you are, what happens if you qualify? ;)

my7pointmonster 12-22-2008 09:11 PM

Do you guys want to all select one common day and all go that day? Via be there all day for the guys who have work and for guys who would be willing to take off a day of work we could do that aswell. Like some Wednesday when the crowd wont be at it max we could all join up for pictures and ect. Setup meeting places and like 3 different times for everyone to meet up or something.

Ryan.