Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 PENNSYLVANIA Archers >

PENNSYLVANIA Archers

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PENNSYLVANIA Archers

Old 12-20-2008, 03:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: PENNSYLVANIA Archers

As far as buck sightings, mine was down as well but it only took the one and in range!

Does were plenty but this was the first one that decided to be a movie starlet.

VIEW VIDEO, CLICK ME:

Old 12-20-2008, 05:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Very nice video Rob! ThatWAS a big ass doe too. I get just aspumped shooting a doe as I do shooting a buck. They're all intense! Congrats.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sightings of deer in general where down for me. I do not see alot anyway, but this year was worse. I waited till the end of Oct. to get serious. Then on the first day of my scheduled vacation 11/3 I shot this buck. First one I have taken in 2 yrs due to letting ones like this walk. Thought it was a good idea to take this one out of the
herd.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's a real freak right there! I think you didthe localherd a favor. Congrats.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Typical Buck

I had my best year yet for deer sightings. I only saw good rutting activity during the week of Nov.2, in 3 days of hunting that week i saw 11 different bucks. But overall it was a great year and can only get better with late season.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was just wondering Rob, does your extremely long stabilizer ever hinder you in any of your shots?

Old 12-21-2008, 07:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: RidgeFACTOR

I was just wondering Rob, does your extremely long stabilizer ever hinder you in any of your shots?

You really have your wife baffled don't you? That's a 11.5" Octane and no, it never does, never have. I've used 11.5, 12" stabilizers for more years than I can remember. I can't think why you would even think so?

Ya just have to go back and look at all my photos over the years.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw a lot of deer this year, but I do agree the rut behavior I witnessed really seemed to take place after the bow season ended. I was tagged out the second day of the season with my best buck yet. I do hunt in 5-C which is special regs.....so we are able to hunt doe after the regular season ends. During this time I saw alot of chasing going on. So yes, rut was late this year.

Shane

Old 12-21-2008, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wasn't trying to be a smart ass Rob, just curious because I thought the longer stabilizers were more for competition shooting than hunting. As for my wife (she sucks)...lol Good Hunting.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sr77

I saw a lot of deer this year, but I do agree the rut behavior I witnessed really seemed to take place after the bow season ended. I was tagged out the second day of the season with my best buck yet. I do hunt in 5-C which is special regs.....so we are able to hunt doe after the regular season ends. During this time I saw alot of chasing going on. So yes, rut was late this year.

Shane

Very nice buck Shane.

Quick Reply: PENNSYLVANIA Archers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.