Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tradgang.com..... >

Tradgang.com.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tradgang.com.....

Old 12-18-2008, 06:23 PM

Default Tradgang.com.....

Anyone ever go to this site?? I have visted it lately and I went under the Dangerous Game forum and found where guys were going on stalks for Grizzly with a recurve/longbow!!! That take huge balls!! I wouldn't try one with a rifle!!
Old 12-18-2008, 06:26 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tradgang.com.....

I've been over there before. Lotta info about traditional shooting, sometimes too much. Guys over there take things WAY over the top, and most are very opinionated with little to no room for others opinions.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:33 PM

Ok this is a post from that Dangerous Game forum....I draw the line here between hardcore and just plain nutz!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Just curious if this has happened to any of you?? First off, I'm hunting in Suriname, South America...in the Amazon rainforests. I was hunting along the edge of a creek about a week ago, in a triple canopy area, which means very little light during the day. Hunting for deer/wild hogs...I heard somethig to my right and turned, and startled myself and a young (100lbs)jaguar...I think both our hearts skipped a beat. A short while later, I turned around, as I "kinda felt" something was there and that same young jaguar was about 20 meters behind me!! Was he stalking me or just a curious jaguar? I'll never know, but I'm lieng if I say it didn't make me real nervous."

Old 12-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I remember watching an old video of Tim Wells putting a stalk on a Grizzly within a few yards from what I can recall.

He ended up shooting it right between the eyes when it stood up. Pretty cool hunting clip.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I've been over there before. Lotta info about traditional shooting, sometimes too much. Guys over there take things WAY over the top, and most are very opinionated with little to no room for others opinions.
X2 + 1000!
Old 12-18-2008, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

So funny how everyone has a different experience on different sites. Been over there for a long time and yes many are traditional types (me included) but they'er good guys I promise.......
Old 12-18-2008, 07:27 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Anyone ever go to this site?? I have visted it lately and I went under the Dangerous Game forum and found where guys were going on stalks for Grizzly with a recurve/longbow!!! That take huge balls!! I wouldn't try one with a rifle!!
I'd do it...but who has the $10,000 outfitter fee Can't hunt Grizzlies or Brown bears without an outfitter. No hunting in the lower48 and that leaves Canada and Alaska. They both require Guides..that sux IMO
Old 12-18-2008, 08:20 PM

I will chase a brown bear with my bow one day, some way some how...mark my words. I think it would be flippin awesome. That is my numero uno all time dream hunt.

BUT, DT Tred Barta is a JOKE....amazing can be applied, but not in it's normal sense.[:'(]
Old 12-18-2008, 08:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I really like Tradgang and if you are in the market for traditional equipment there is no better classified resource.

Did you guys see Fred Eichler's hunt where he stalks and shoots a huge Grizzly with his recurvenot once.......but TWICE. As it is standing looking at him. [:-]
I've actually talked to Fred a couple times about coming out to Colorado to hunt Mt. Lions with him with my recurve.
That's my ultimate hunt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.