Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Will Turkey Hunting in the spring hurt my chances in the fall for deer? >

Will Turkey Hunting in the spring hurt my chances in the fall for deer?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Will Turkey Hunting in the spring hurt my chances in the fall for deer?

Old 12-16-2008, 07:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default Will Turkey Hunting in the spring hurt my chances in the fall for deer?

If I am going to huntvery close to the same spot for turkey and deer will my pressure and possible gunshotshave an effect on deer using the same areas in the fall?I say no that everything will return to normal by then.Just asking if I should be concerned.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Will Turkey Hunting in the spring hurt my chances in the fall for deer?

No.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Will Turkey Hunting in the spring hurt my chances in the fall for deer?

Not at all. Same goes for deer hunting affecting turkeys in the Spring, it wont make a difference.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Banned

NO
Old 12-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Dominant Buck

If you're smart (don't take that the wrong way)....it may actually help. Take note of the woods while you're in there. What you see in the spring is what the woods will likely look like when your season opens.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:28 PM

I honestly don't care, I like spring turkey season more anyway.

I gotta agree with Jeff though, it won't be any different than, and can be utilized as, just another scouting trip.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

wot hurt at all. plus its just extra time to get out and scout early
Old 12-16-2008, 09:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

No worrys, usually the deer are on another pattern in the spring anyway compared to the fall.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

heck, i run coon hounds all year long in the same woods i deer hunt!

as well as spring turkey hunt....

like Jeff said, its a great time to scout.....anytime im in the woods, i always got deer on the brain....
Old 12-16-2008, 11:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shot my buck this year 50 yards from where I shot my Tom in the spring! Won't bother a thing!

Quick Reply: Will Turkey Hunting in the spring hurt my chances in the fall for deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.