Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What do you do when you find a climber stand on your property? >

What do you do when you find a climber stand on your property?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you do when you find a climber stand on your property?

Old 12-16-2008, 05:34 PM

Default RE: What do you do when you find a climber stand on your property?

I guess Id have a new summit stand...
Old 12-16-2008, 05:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: saltflyz

I agree about the diplomacy...A bit touchy in my situation as we are the "out of town" property owners that don't make it down very often.
All the more reason to try not to be too harsh with people you don't know anything about.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:45 PM

I had a loc on on my lease last yr...posted signs everywhere even down through the woods....someone walked right past the posted sign and hung the stand about 3 ft past it....they never got that stand back and I never heard anything else about it...
Old 12-16-2008, 05:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with the note advice and this is how I would handle it.

I would take the stand and lock it in my garage. I would leave a note in it's place explaining that the user is trespassing and not permitted to be where he/she is and that they were more than welcome to come talk to me and explain their situation.

If they have the common courtesy to come explain and be pleasant, they would leave with their stand and knowledge not to return. If not, I own a new stand.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: saltflyz

I agree about the diplomacy...A bit touchy in my situation as we are the "out of town" property owners that don't make it down very often.
All the more reason to try not to be too harsh with people you don't know anything about.
Yep...need to send a message that its not ok to hunt here but hopefully its an honest mistake and that we can coexist, just not both on my land
Old 12-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Banned

I would just take it. He comes to the door complaining you can decide if you want to give it back or call the sheriff at that point. He had no business with it on your land. If he is sincere and HONESTLY made a mistake about the boundry line, than give it back. If he blatantly disregarded the property line...well tell him if you want to dance...u have to pay the fiddler.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like stands....I buy a few every year. I think the note and explaination idea is good, but don't feel bad about using it as your own after a set amount of time.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

That happens on our land and the people know where the boundries are,my brother could open a sporting goods store! He rode his horse near one with a guy sitting in it...he rode by like he didn't notice the tresspasser,the guy thought he was in stealth mode and unseen! Bro rides to trailer,loads horse and decides to trim bodark apples near the stand...with 25-06! Guy slips down back of tree and leaves area post haste! If he would have said "excuse me" when bro rode by he may have got green light to hunt free,sneak in and think your getting away with it bad things happen!
Old 12-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RLoving1

That happens on our land and the people know where the boundries are,my brother could open a sporting goods store! He rode his horse near one with a guy sitting in it...he rode by like he didn't notice the tresspasser,the guy thought he was in stealth mode and unseen! Bro rides to trailer,loads horse and decides to trim bodark apples near the stand...with 25-06! Guy slips down back of tree and leaves area post haste! If he would have said "excuse me" when bro rode by he may have got green light to hunt free,sneak in and think your getting away with it bad things happen!
Does your brother go by the handle, Droptine249?
Old 12-16-2008, 06:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

ORIGINAL: RLoving1

Does your brother go by the handle, Droptine249?
That right there is funny, I don't care who you are!

Quick Reply: What do you do when you find a climber stand on your property?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.