Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Heater Body Suit >

Heater Body Suit

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Heater Body Suit

Old 12-16-2008, 11:31 AM
Typical Buck

Default Heater Body Suit

How well do they work?
Are they worth the money?
If you have used one, what temps have you used them and how did it perform?

Thanks for any info.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Heater Body Suit

I've personally never used one, but everything I have heard about them has been favorable. They are supposedly very warm.I've always envisioned having to move too much to get into shooting position using one though. That's just me though.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Banned

$300 sleeping bag with shoulder straps. I think that anybody that has $300 to spend on one likes them. I am making my own this year..I love to tinker
Old 12-16-2008, 12:04 PM
Fork Horn

I have had mine for a few years and would never give it up. It just plain works and keeps me very comfortable in REALLY cold weather. The new ones are a little nicer, but it is sad to see that they have dropped the Predator Fall Grey from the lineup. That is what mine is, and it is the perfect treestand camo. You can try to make your own, but for me my time is worth something. I can't sew, and where are you going to find the perfect camo sleeping bag? Not to mention that having legs is nice. I have no problem paying someone for engineering a great product!
Old 12-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: MNDan

it is sad to see that they have dropped the Predator Fall Grey from the lineup.
That is what mine is, and it is the perfect treestand camo. You can try to make your own, but for me my time is worth something. I can't sew, and where are you going to find the perfect camo sleeping bag? Not to mention that having legs is nice. I have no problem paying someone for engineering a great product!
I agree. They quit offering Predator at least 3 yrs ago didn't they? I wanted one till I couldn't get it in predator
Old 12-16-2008, 12:18 PM
Spike

I have one and love it. I usually only wear the suit when it is below 20 degrees and I am planning on a long sit. It is cumbersome to get in and out of it but in my opinion well worth the effort. I put it on when I am all secured in the stand. I feel that I move much less when I am in the suit then I do when I am out of it. If I do move my arms are inside the suit so very little movement is seen. I have no problem spending the $300 on a product that works and allows me to be in the field longer and more comfortable. Mine is in the Sky Line pattern and it blends in well were I hunt which is the midwest and canada. Once you have used it a few times it is very easy to get ready and set up for a shot with a bow or rifle. I would not hunt in cold weather with out it. Just my two cents.

Good Luck- Soup
Old 12-16-2008, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I may need one of these in ND in a couple weeks.. Talked to Tim last night said its about -30 to -40 out there with thewind chill
Old 12-16-2008, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have heard nothing but good things from the product and the company. Everybody I've talked to says they swear by them.

They are made 1 town away from where I live so there are a lot people around here that use them.

I personally don't have one, but that isn't to say I don't want 1. I just don't need it. I have plenty of warm clothing that keeps me comfortable.

So back to your question, yes from what i've heard they work well.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have owned one for the past 4 years I believe. They are great. I disagree with one of the above posts that said it was cumbersome to get into and out of...I get into mine when I am in the treestand and have no problems at all putting it on at 20ft high. It also saves you from having to bring in 3-4 layers of clothes, thereby decreasing the amount of weight you have to hike in to your stand. I usually only wear it if it is 25 degrees or below or if the winds are 20mph or more and it is 32 or below. Two thumbs up from me. Also, I have no problem getting out of it and shooting my bow quickly as it opens quickly and quietly.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:27 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: MNDan

I have had mine for a few years and would never give it up. It just plain works and keeps me very comfortable in REALLY cold weather. The new ones are a little nicer, but it is sad to see that they have dropped the Predator Fall Grey from the lineup. That is what mine is, and it is the perfect treestand camo. You can try to make your own, but for me my time is worth something. I can't sew, and where are you going to find the perfect camo sleeping bag? Not to mention that having legs is nice. I have no problem paying someone for engineering a great product!
You sure it is Fall Grey? I thought they only put them out in Deception brown.If I could find a Fall Gray in XL or XXL I would trade a mint condition DB matrix ground blind...pre primos. Keep your ears open guys..thanks Predator gray only.., but I may consider deception...sorry to hijack

Quick Reply: Heater Body Suit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.