Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What Happened?

Old 12-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What Happened?

I would guess the fore leg coming back as the deer ran broke the arrow, thats what breaks mine when I shoot them behind the front leg.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Chris I'm not trying to be a smartass. What I'm saying is....it's gonna get to be a REALLY tiresome mantra if EVERY time someone loses a deer......the COC fixed crowd (which I'm getting ready to be a part of) blames it on the mechanical BH.

I just didn't feel like it was the time or the place for that kind of statement....and on a broadside hit, behind the shoulder......hell it should make NO difference what tye head you have.

Just wasn't the time nor the place for that.
Well Jeff, you neverdisappoint.First off, Iinitially saidNOTHING about a mechanical head being the culprit. I simply said that I wasn't aware that he was shooting them.Second, this fellow himself is the one who said that perhaps his head didn't open, not me.Do you recall? It's easy to see how you get your arse in a sling all of time on here.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Dominant Buck

But that means the arrow was in the deer, right? If the BH didn't open....wouldn't it blow right through?
Old 12-16-2008, 04:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

A meager effort GMMAT.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

What happens when only one blade opens?
Old 12-16-2008, 04:37 PM
Dominant Buck

If I get my ass in a sling, EI....it's for not being afraid to say what others are thinking.

You know....like don't kick a guy when he's down (Not the time for a BH war).....AND....do we really need to blame the BH on every bad hit. Sometimes it IS the culprit. It's not EVERY time. The inference is juvenile (if you really wanna knowhow I feel)
Old 12-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Nothing good!
Old 12-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Dominant Buck

EI....."meager effort"? How so? I'd say the definition of a "meager effort".....is hunting one spot 32 out of 32 times in one season and wondering why you're having a bad year.

THAT'S a "meager effort".
Old 12-16-2008, 04:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Nothing good!
How many blades does this head have?
I'm ony asking because these things interest me. Could the opening of one blade put enough forceon the side of the arrow to cause poor penatration?
Is there a better or more proper time toquestion equipment failure in a thread where "What happened" is the title?
Old 12-16-2008, 04:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Was there blood on both sides of the trail? 2 holes? Who's to say he didn't shoot completely under the belly/heart and hit the leg on the other side? That would explain why the BH end of the arrow Is still In him why It broke off where It did. It would also look like about 8" to 10" of penetration from the tree when It was running away. It wouldn't surprise me one bit If that's where this deer Is hit.

Quick Reply: What Happened?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.