Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hoyt pulls Dealership without warning! (long) >

Hoyt pulls Dealership without warning! (long)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hoyt pulls Dealership without warning! (long)

Old 12-17-2008, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hoyt pulls Dealership without warning! (long)

ORIGINAL: BowTech_Shooter

For those of youwhothink this new user is a troll, I have to disagree.

Chris is an open and understanding person. It appearshe believes he's been wronged and he's just letting people know. He sounds frustrated but he's not bashing or badmouthing, just telling the story and he sees it.

If I'm not mistaken Chris also runs the 3dshoots.com forums which are very well moderated and maintained. I see he also posted his thoughts on there too.
Your not mistaken. He's been here before and the subject of some bad service himself.Karma baby!

Old 12-17-2008, 07:14 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

As a Hoyt rep making a living off of #s sold, would you stick with your current dealer when a new shop agrees to buy and sell more Hoyts, pushing them as the main line of the shop?
If I'm a salesman getting paid on the number of bows I sell......I don't give a flip WHObuys them from me. More the merrier. The territorial based franchisees .....I would see as a hinderance to my livelihood. I'd want EVERY shop to have them!
This my friends is why I sold our archery business. I got so weary of the attitudes reflected in the qouted post. This was the prevailing attitude among most of our reps. We sold Hoyt, PSE and Mathews and saw this across the board. I'm just glad that I'm now on this side of the counter. Archerys fun again.

DD
Old 12-17-2008, 07:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Dixie....I hope you didn't take that as how I WOULD do business.......it's just how I'd WANT to do business in "most" circles.

I understand territorial frnachise assignments and agree with each company's right to limit franchises. I looked into a buisness venture a few years ago, but couldn't get the franchise. Looking back....I'm glad it didn't work out.....but I respected their commitment to the current holders.

We don't have confliciting views. I was just answering the question from the standpoint of how I'd like for it to be ......for me to make the most $$.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: dixiedawg80

As a Hoyt rep making a living off of #s sold, would you stick with your current dealer when a new shop agrees to buy and sell more Hoyts, pushing them as the main line of the shop?
If I'm a salesman getting paid on the number of bows I sell......I don't give a flip WHObuys them from me. More the merrier. The territorial based franchisees .....I would see as a hinderance to my livelihood. I'd want EVERY shop to have them!
This my friends is why I sold our archery business. I got so weary of the attitudes reflected in the qouted post. This was the prevailing attitude among most of our reps. We sold Hoyt, PSE and Mathews and saw this across the board. I'm just glad that I'm now on this side of the counter. Archerys fun again.

DD
Guy in town sold Mathews and was promised a certain area until a shop larger got the nod.He didn't buy enough.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

Chris is an open and understanding person. It appearshe believes he's been wronged and he's just letting people know. He sounds frustrated but he's not bashing or badmouthing, just telling the story and he sees it.

If I'm not mistaken Chris also runs the 3dshoots.com forums which are very well moderated and maintained. I see he also posted his thoughts on there too.
If the name Bowtech was substituted for Hoyt, would you still be defending this guy?

Since I know him personally,yes I would.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:00 AM
Spike

Dixie....I hope you didn't take that as how I WOULD do business.......it's just how I'd WANT to do business in "most" circles.

I understand territorial frnachise assignments and agree with each company's right to limit franchises. I looked into a buisness venture a few years ago, but couldn't get the franchise. Looking back....I'm glad it didn't work out.....but I respected their commitment to the current holders.

We don't have confliciting views. I was just answering the question from the standpoint of how I'd like for it to be ......for me to make the most $$.

Oh yeah, no problem, didn't mean to single you out there. I'm just refering to all the junk in general, bo hard feelings and I get you.

DD
Old 12-17-2008, 10:30 AM

I was just informed that there is indeed another side to the story, but PMs are Private Messages for a reason. Always two sides to a story.

Jeff I agree with everything you've said, but as the salesman selling the most #s possible, remember he is limited to having onlya limited number of dealers, spaced out ___miles from each other, Im sure if left the option he too would want both shops open, but it is more of a choose one or the other kind of deal.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

cg3dshoots, I see where he has just posted only 1 post as well.I am also not very quick to jump on every thing I read on these forums as well. As others stated this is only 1 side of the story IMO.

I can tell you that I had a friend that was shooting Hoyt lines at alot of the 3d shoots up here and had a bumper sticker on his car as well. He used to push Hoyt bows for them but now anymore. I do not know the reason why as I have never asked him. He is now shooting Mathews and is very content with them. He was asked to shoot PSEs but he didn't care for them as much. Stated they just wasn't right for him. Also he has shot a few Bow Techs and has no issues with them as well. I just do not know why he gave uop Hoyt after shooting them for a few years. Perhaps mathews offered him something better? I will be talking with him later on as he would like to get a few of us to go 3d shooting with him. That is something I am currently concidering but still undecided at this time. Anyways whatever the reason hoyt dropped you good luck at getting things straightened out..
Old 12-17-2008, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I worked in the flooring industry for % years and saw this kind of BS happen all the time with various mills. Your rep was the problem here. He saw dollar signs when your competitor promised the world to him. Out of curiousity, how is this new shop doing business wise?

Shane
Old 12-21-2008, 12:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

And...

Since I know him personally,yes I would.
Pat,
Actually, it certainly appears HE IS (bashing and bad-mouthing)!!! If he were a well established member here, say Swamp Collie, Big Country,or Davidmil and posted this type of post, it would be much more believeable, but coming from a "one and done" poster, it appears to be nothing more than aSMEAR campaign aimed at discreditting one you your competitors. CERTAINLY if he was saying this about BT, I'dtake the short side of a 10-1 bet that this thread wouldhave been buried before it ever made it to the2nd page.

If much of what he's typed cannot be substantiated, certainly, he's guilty of an intent to libel and slander the Hoyt corporation, and professionally, it would have seemed much more "responsible" to have never posted such a thing in the first place.

I certainly hope that you continue GOOD dealings with him, as I'm sure you don't want to have to eat a feast of crow if he starts having bad feelings about Bowtech.

Quick Reply: Hoyt pulls Dealership without warning! (long)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.