Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 12-15-2008, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many deer have you killed ?

I have killed some---over 30, but less than 50. Not really sure. I just know it is a heck of a lot of fun!
Old 12-15-2008, 05:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

In 24 years of bow hunting only I've shot 15 Whitetails and 9 Bear. In my area of Minnesota we usually only get one deer tag.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gun-3

Bow-1
Old 12-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Banned

30 years of hunting..too many to honestly count
Old 12-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

kickin buck and davidmil......impressive...very impressive...I pass a lot of deer up every year, probably 10-15 a year, mostly bucks, in fact I passed on 11 bucks this year, and only one doe, I shot every doe that came into bow range that I could. If wasn't a picky I could a lot more than 25 bow kills, but ain't no way I could have as many as you two...that's just sick awesome..86 bow kills....man I bet that has been a ride David...kickin buck...over 90 bow kills?? Geez dude....that is sick!!! awesome guys!
Just have to ask a honest question. Why is that impressive? I cannot speak for davidmil, but I know most of my kills were does. In fact, this was only the second year in which I killed two bucks in the same season. Also, you have to understand that is 25 years of hunting ground which has a very high deer population and in a state that does not restrict the number of does I can kill with archery equipment. You also have to realize that I am only averaging a little over 4 deer per year. Look at guys like GMMAT and how many deer he is averaging per year, he has put down a bunch of deer in a very short period.

I think if you want to look at numbers and say something is impressive, you should look at the number of "good" (P&Y) bucks taken, look at some of the other guys on here that are killing good/big bucks year after year (GregH).
Old 12-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Site Buck Guru

68 deer........43 bucks with gun & bow in 42 seasons. I've slowed down on my deer kills/year over the last 10 years or so, now getting 1 or two per year average. Don't need as many since my son moved out!
Old 12-15-2008, 07:10 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

kickin buck and davidmil......impressive...very impressive...I pass a lot of deer up every year, probably 10-15 a year, mostly bucks, in fact I passed on 11 bucks this year, and only one doe, I shot every doe that came into bow range that I could. If wasn't a picky I could a lot more than 25 bow kills, but ain't no way I could have as many as you two...that's just sick awesome..86 bow kills....man I bet that has been a ride David...kickin buck...over 90 bow kills?? Geez dude....that is sick!!! awesome guys!
Just have to ask a honest question. Why is that impressive? I cannot speak for davidmil, but I know most of my kills were does. In fact, this was only the second year in which I killed two bucks in the same season. Also, you have to understand that is 25 years of hunting ground which has a very high deer population and in a state that does not restrict the number of does I can kill with archery equipment. You also have to realize that I am only averaging a little over 4 deer per year. Look at guys like GMMAT and how many deer he is averaging per year, he has put down a bunch of deer in a very short period.

I think if you want to look at numbers and say something is impressive, you should look at the number of "good" (P&Y) bucks taken, look at some of the other guys on here that are killing good/big bucks year after year (GregH).
You know... exactly and almost why I didn't post my numbers. Everytime I do someone takes a shot at it. Look at people in Vermont or Maine. They get a tag. That's about it. GMMAT has a target rich environment. It's not a matter of will he see a deer, it's which one he will shoot. My buddy who I got into bowhunting this year has a very target rich environment. He literally can shoot a deer everytime he goes. He filled his last tag on Sunday after passing on 9 does. Numbers are decieving. To me, they're really deceiving. I started bowhunting before a lot of people on this forum were born. People today just do NOT understand the explosion of deer herds. There are areas today with unlimited tags that had no deer season when I started bowhunting. Can you imagine a time when really, less than 10 percent of hunters were successful with guns. Bowhunters????? I hunted for 5 or 6 years without ever seeing another bowhunter. Numbers are useless if you try to compare yourself to someone else or whatever. We bowhunt.... to bowhunt. Not to impress or be better than. I almost didn't post my numbers because everytimeI mention it... someone takes a shot. So be it. I really don't care. My numbers I'm sure don't impress some... but they are something to me. I've passed on deer and always try to make sure the next deer is bigger than the last in any particular year. I only got carried away one year and shot 5 bucks, each bigger than the last. That year I gave 5 of 7 away to Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry. I don't have a place for all the meat so stop shooting now.

P.S. If you want numbers... well you've chased away probably the most prolific body count guy from this site. He was whacking 14-18 a year with the bow but people had to take shots at his decision to shoot 2 or 3 deer at a time. He decided he didn't need the hassle.

Numbers mean nothing... except when you've put an arrow into the boiler room 80 or 100 times, you've been there. You've seen just about everything that can go right or wrong. Everyone is different.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

You know... exactly and almost why I didn't post my numbers. Everytime I do someone takes a shot at it. Look at people in Vermont or Maine. They get a tag. That's about it. GMMAT has a target rich environment. It's not a matter of will he see a deer, it's which one he will shoot. My buddy who I got into bowhunting this year has a very target rich environment. He literally can shoot a deer everytime he goes. He filled his last tag on Sunday after passing on 9 does. Numbers are decieving. To me, they're really deceiving. I started bowhunting before a lot of people on this forum were born. People today just do NOT understand the explosion of deer herds. There are areas today with unlimited tags that had no deer season when I started bowhunting. Can you imagine a time when really, less than 10 percent of hunters were successful with guns. Bowhunters????? I hunted for 5 or 6 years without ever seeing another bowhunter. Numbers are useless if you try to compare yourself to someone else or whatever. We bowhunt.... to bowhunt. Not to impress or be better than. I almost didn't post my numbers because everytimeI mention it... someone takes a shot. So be it. I really don't care. My numbers I'm sure don't impress some... but they are something to me. I've passed on deer and always try to make sure the next deer is bigger than the last in any particular year. I only got carried away one year and shot 5 bucks, each bigger than the last. That year I gave 5 of 7 away to Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry. I don't have a place for all the meat so stop shooting now.

P.S. If you want numbers... well you've chased away probably the most prolific body count guy from this site. He was whacking 14-18 a year with the bow but people had to take shots at his decision to shoot 2 or 3 deer at a time. He decided he didn't need the hassle.
Since when does a buck have to make P&Y before it's "good?" I didn't realize that shooting a 7.5 year old deer that scores 120 isn't a good deer, I learn something new everyday.

David, I bet all your deer tasted "good"... doesn't that count?

As for numbers... either 24 or 25 with a bow, I'm not sure which. Elk, Antelope, coyotes and about 50ish pigs with archery tackle as well.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

I quit counting a long time ago
Old 12-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bloodcrick

I quit counting a long time ago
When you count on your fingers, do you count by 2's or by 1's like people with normal fingers?

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.