Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Wont be hunting today. >

Wont be hunting today.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wont be hunting today.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:19 PM

Default RE: Wont be hunting today.

It's 19 degrees here with a wind chill of 3. I believe that is the coldest day we have had all year.

I'm heading out in about an hour
Old 12-15-2008, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the same weather here. -45 with the windchill. And I was out fishing in it yesterday. I was abhle to move around and I still only lasted 2hrs. When weather hits like this its best not to sit facing the wind
Old 12-15-2008, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

SISSIES!!!! I think the coldest I ever hunted in was -20, with a medium breeze, but believe it or not, I really didn't end up getting that cold. I was on the move, sneaking through some woods with a lot of pines in them, and actually got a couple shot opportunites. Deer don't move very fast when it's that cold either!!!! [&:]
Old 12-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

NO! I went fishing.

ORIGINAL: TJF

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

Well we got about a foot of snow in the last 48 hrs, but -17 air temp with -43 wind chill right now. The sad part is this is a 2 day high. Cold weather bites!
What a puss !! You've got trees and a pop-up blind to block the wind. Man up and go kill something!! [8D]

Tim
Old 12-15-2008, 06:54 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

NO! I went fishing.

ORIGINAL: TJF

Well we got about a foot of snow in the last 48 hrs, but -17 air temp with -43 wind chill right now. The sad part is this is a 2 day high. Cold weather bites!
What a puss !! You've got trees and a pop-up blind to block the wind. Man up and go kill something!! [8D]

Tim
Did you catch anything ??

Tim
Old 12-15-2008, 07:04 PM
Fork Horn

I would usualy say that I have no idea what snow is like. Living in LA I have seen it 3 times in my life, and once it was while on a hunt in Texas.

We got some snow last week. 8 inches, look out!
Haha.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's -14 below as I speak right now. Suppose to hit -20 tonight. I won't be going hunting tomorrow morning but tomorrow evening I'll be hitting a new stand that I put up this afternoon. I'm really excited about It!!
Old 12-15-2008, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

It's -14 below as I speak right now. Suppose to hit -20 tonight. I won't be going hunting tomorrow morning but tomorrow evening I'll be hitting a new stand that I put up this afternoon. I'm really excited about It!!
Your a better man than me. Like I said I went fishing the other day and lasted 2 hrs. I was free to move around. If I sat in a tree, I don't think I would last more thqn 20min.
It might ound girly but heck when I was fishin I didn't want anymore fish to hit. Everytime they hit I had to re-bait and almost had frost bite every time. DAMN cold
This is the coldest december I can remember. Early november was nice. This, all i want to do is sit inside. Now I wish I had an ice fishing shack
Old 12-15-2008, 10:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sandilands

Your a better man than me. Like I said I went fishing the other day and lasted 2 hrs. I was free to move around. If I sat in a tree, I don't think I would last more thqn 20min.
It might ound girly but heck when I was fishin I didn't want anymore fish to hit. Everytime they hit I had to re-bait and almost had frost bite every time. DAMN cold
I understand exactly what your saying about baiting the hook when It's cold. That sucks on the fingers!!
Old 12-15-2008, 11:06 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

No fair !!! [:@] Wife is making me go Xmas shopping so noPM hunt. Wind is going to beright for a couple good spots. They are talking 28 below at 7 AM. Looks like I am going to find out how tough I am or insane. Hopefully we will find outthat abow functions properlywithout breaking at that temp. Ye Hawwww !! Sissy Mary that !!!!

Tim

Quick Reply: Wont be hunting today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.