Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Got to love those 100 % Guaranteed hunts >

Got to love those 100 % Guaranteed hunts

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got to love those 100 % Guaranteed hunts

Old 12-14-2008, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Got to love those 100 % Guaranteed hunts

Im not exactly sure how this hunt works but it says each hunter gets a 4-5 acer area and is guaranteed to get a buck, so im guessing its like sitting in a big fenced in area?
Even tho i could get the biggest buck of my life, i dont think i could ever do it because it seems wrong to the people who do it the fair chase way, and the excitement of the unknown is gone.
Anyway could any of you ever go on ahunt like this? http://www.thewildernesspa.com/newupcomingevents.html
Old 12-14-2008, 10:19 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Got to love those 100 % Guaranteed hunts

Its absolutly fenced in. I handled a complaint adjacent to the wilderness a month or so ago. Pretty gay if you ask me. I'm sure allen warren has it on his schedule for next year.

edit: the more i think about it, i know a guy who went to one of these after the season specials the wilderness offers. you are exactly right, each hunter has a small area to stay in whilethe "guides" walk aroundand push the deer to the hunters.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: fatsbucknut

Its absolutly fenced in. I handled a complaint adjacent to the wilderness a month or so ago. Pretty gay if you ask me. I'm sure allen warren has it on his schedule for next year.

edit: the more i think about it, i know a guy who went to one of these after the season specials the wilderness offers. you are exactly right, each hunter has a small area to stay in whilethe "guides" walk aroundand push the deer to the hunters.
Allen's pathetic brother Keith probably has his slot paid for, or given to him as well.

His (Keith's) one showed was filmed from there. Rifle with no orange (illegal), baited (illegal) in PA. [:'(] [:'(] And then he has the gall to say that this was what hunting in PA was like. [:'(]
Old 12-14-2008, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I new something wasent right because the show i was watching was a guy and his little son walked right up to this huge deer maybe 180" and shot it as they were moving around and talking and the deer never ran.
They never even mentioned it was a high fenced hunt or anything like that, they make it look like hunting is that easy in real life.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Not for me.....although I won't condemn it for what it is. Is it hunting? You decide.

To be fair, ROb.....my bet is none of what you describe is illegal within the confines of the compound he was on. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even need licenses......wouldn't count towards your PA tags.....etc...

My bet is he did nothing "illegal". I'm not condoning anything....just pointing out that they play by an entirely different set of rules......because what they do is entirely different from what we do.

Like you....I have a problem when they try to pass off their escapades as being anything like what we do.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:43 AM
Spike

Absolutely could not theres just nothing like working hard for a big buck.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nothing that is 100% guarenteed is hunting.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Not for me.....although I won't condemn it for what it is. Is it hunting? You decide.

To be fair, ROb.....my bet is none of what you describe is illegal within the confines of the compound he was on. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even need licenses......wouldn't count towards your PA tags.....etc...

My bet is he did nothing "illegal". I'm not condoning anything....just pointing out that they play by an entirely different set of rules......because what they do is entirely different from what we do.

Like you....I have a problem when they try to pass off their escapades as being anything like what we do.
didn't you hunt in a fenced area for a doe? AND wanted to take your son to kill his first deer in this type of an area....or is my memory thinking of someone else?
Old 12-14-2008, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Ok I'll decide and its not hunting. I'll argue that until I am blue in the face. If I truly want to eat that badly I'll go to the grocery store......cheaper, simpler and just as challenging.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

Very simple to me, it's not hunting at all [:'(]It's a business that I don't believe in [:@]But that's just my opinion [&o]

Quick Reply: Got to love those 100 % Guaranteed hunts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.