Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Taking pictures of your deer. >

Taking pictures of your deer.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Taking pictures of your deer.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Taking pictures of your deer.

Who doesn't take pictures of the deer they've killed?I might snap one or two if there's something different or interesting about the deer. But for the most part I just don't take many pictures. No idea why really. I just don't. Am I about the only one that doesn't?
Old 12-14-2008, 06:52 AM

Default RE: Taking pictures of your deer.

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

Who doesn't take pictures of the deer they've killed?I might snap one or two if there's something different or interesting about the deer. But for the most part I just don't take many pictures. No idea why really. I just don't. Am I about the only one that doesn't?
I'm the same way, although I do a much better job of it than I used to. That is one of my regrets actually. I wish I had more pictures of me and my buddies on our successful hunts. I'd have some good ones (at least to me) over the last 33 years.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have always taken pics of the deer I have shot.. Now my wife takes most of them and cuts them up to put in a scrap book so she can show them later.. It makes it hard to post them when they are all chopped up.[&:]But i do like to look at the years back whenI was younger standing proudly beside the deer hanging up..
Old 12-14-2008, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I try to take good quality pictures of everydeer I shoot. I figure they are all a trophy to some degree and with a dig cam you sure can take alot of pictures and always find a few keepers..

Plus I left a small part of my brain in the 70's so the pictures help me remember.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:30 AM
Typical Buck

I am kind of the opposite, I love taking a lot of pictures. I love looking back at them after the season, gets me pumped for the next hunting season. Its funny how I sometimes forget what I had for breakfast but I can look at a picture of a deer me or someone in my family shot five years ago and I can tell you exactly what happened, where it was, what the weather was like, what everyone said, etc. My father is the same way with taking a lot of pictures so maybe that's where i got it from. Someone asked him the other day if he had many pictures of us kids. He just smiled and said yup i have a ton of pictures, but most of them have dead animals in it haha.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

As I matured as an archery hunter, I also matured as a photographer for quality photos. Like was said, it's about memories, keepsakes and sharing.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:07 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter
Am I about the only one that doesn't?
yea
Old 12-14-2008, 08:08 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

As I matured as an archery hunter, I also matured as a photographer for quality photos. Like was said, it's about memories, keepsakes and sharing.
x2
Old 12-14-2008, 08:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

x2
x3 here!!! Pictures are worth a 1000 words!
Old 12-14-2008, 08:23 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

x2
x3 here!!! Pictures are worth a 1000 words!
Same here. I wish I would have taken more!

Quick Reply: Taking pictures of your deer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.