Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow storage??

Old 12-13-2008, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default Bow storage??

Hey guys I have a question, I bought a 08 DXT last year and I am leaving for 12 months(deployment to the middle east). And I was wondering what is the best way to store my bow for that long so it will be still in top form when I get back.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bow storage??

Well, I would think that if you were to back the poundage down a few pounds and hang it in a basement, or some other place that doesn't have too much temperature fluxuation, you'd be fine in doing so. I leave mine hanging up year-round in my basement and it has shown no ill effects.

But more importantly, God Bless, stay safe and THANK YOU for what you do!Semper Fi! Simp
Old 12-13-2008, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

Not sure but I am sure that a big thank you for what you do for our country is a definite! Good luck, be safe and thank you. Let us know when you get back.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:46 PM

x10 on the above
Old 12-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks for your service.....and keep your head down.

I'm getting ready to stick mine in the gun safe next Sunday and not touch it for 3+ months. I hope it'll be fine.....but I sure as heck ain't gonna miss it!

I'll wax the string .......and the safe's in the basement. I'm not planning on backing the poundage off, either.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Simp

But more importantly, God Bless, stay safe and THANK YOU for what you do!Semper Fi! Simp
Yessir .... thank you for your service my friend!!! May God keep you and I look forward to hearing from you on your return, Brian!!
Old 12-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

First of all thanks for your service!!!

I have always backed down the poundage alittle before packing it away as well and have been doing so for about 12 years now.I haven't had any problems with it. I would wax the string though. I am not sure if backing off the poundage will help or not. It is just the way i have choose to do it though. I will be getting a new bow in the near future I hope. There is a big difference in the let off between what is out there now and what I got 12 years ago..
Old 12-13-2008, 08:03 PM
Banned

Thanks for your service and just put in ita safe place where it stays clean and away from curious kids messin with it
Old 12-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for all the words of encouragement and the help with my bow, I will try to get on here while down range, just to let you guys know how I am doing. I just pray that I am back in time to hunt some next year, planning on going to my uncles up in Kansas to hunt. You all take care.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:24 PM

Absolutely one hundred percent - THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO (OR ARE GONNA) ! Brother should be back acroos the pond soon. You may be on the same rotation ?

Good Luck - Stay safe

Quick Reply: Bow storage??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.