Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Last nights moon >

Last nights moon

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Last nights moon

Old 12-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Last nights moon

Man was it bright or what?? I walked out on the back deck last night to water the grass [8D]<<country boy and i could see the whole field like it was just getting light. The local weatherman said it was the brightestmoon in 15 years. I decided to sleep in this morning but as if on cue i woke up anyway and went...seen notta I hate full moons [:@]Well im getting off here and go try again in my evening spot
good luck everyone!!
Old 12-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Banned

Default RE: Last nights moon

I noticed it too last night..superbright..hadn't heard it was in the news though
Old 12-13-2008, 01:51 PM
Typical Buck

In years past i would go when the moon was full sat out there didn't see a thing .So now when the moon is full i just stay in bed. I guess a person should go out around 9;30 and hunt till 1;00 or 2;00..Blood what time do you head out for your evening hunt.I normally head out around 3;00, don't know why because i don't see anything untill the last hour or 45 min before dark.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Typical Buck

You know what a full moon does to me I think my hair grew.

>>>BAM<<<
Old 12-13-2008, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im not far from you.. O yea that was a bright moon. It got me thinking.. Do you think the deer were on their feet all night, and bedded down real early? I wasnt able to hunt this morning anyway(doing a side job), but I wondered all day about how it would affect them.. I could see clear across my pond from my deck it was so bright last night.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think I heard it was like 17,000 miles closer to the Earth last night... that was the reason it appeared so much bigger and brighter.

I know one thing.... I didn't see a darn thing this morning.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I noticed too.......in fact I thought there was snow on my deck when I walked past the sliding door!
I walked outside and said "That is the brightest moon I've ever seen" [:-]
Now I know why.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought it was just me. It was like a big street light leading the way to my stand.
I hate a big bright moon but with all the rain we've had I thought something might be up and about. Wrong again
Old 12-13-2008, 04:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I go out at 3:00 pike time, 2:00 your time. The spot im hunting in the evenings, I may see them (small bucks and Does) at anytime but the bigger ones are right before dark.
Now we havea wind advisory for tonight and tomorrow
Well guys it looks like i wasnt the only one who noticed it last night 17,000 miles closer WOW, no wonder it looked bigger to
ORIGINAL: arrow2512

In years past i would go when the moon was full sat out there didn't see a thing .So now when the moon is full i just stay in bed. I guess a person should go out around 9;30 and hunt till 1;00 or 2;00..Blood what time do you head out for your evening hunt.I normally head out around 3;00, don't know why because i don't see anything untill the last hour or 45 min before dark.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

I just wish that it was warm enough to water my grass!

Quick Reply: Last nights moon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.