HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Last nights moon (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/278310-last-nights-moon.html)

bloodcrick 12-13-2008 12:33 PM

Last nights moon

Man was it bright or what?? I walked out on the back deck last night to water the grass [8D]<<country boy :Dand i could see the whole field like it was just getting light. The local weatherman said it was the brightestmoon in 15 years. I decided to sleep in this morning but as if on cue i woke up anyway and went...seen notta :(I hate full moons [:@]Well im getting off here and go try again in my evening spot :)
good luck everyone!!

hardcorehunter 12-13-2008 01:02 PM

RE: Last nights moon

I noticed it too last night..superbright..hadn't heard it was in the news though

arrow2512 12-13-2008 01:51 PM

In years past i would go when the moon was full sat out there didn't see a thing .So now when the moon is full i just stay in bed. I guess a person should go out around 9;30 and hunt till 1;00 or 2;00..Blood what time do you head out for your evening hunt.I normally head out around 3;00, don't know why because i don't see anything untill the last hour or 45 min before dark.

Tuco 12-13-2008 02:08 PM

You know what a full moon does to me:D I think my hair grew.

>>>BAM<<<

bowmanaj 12-13-2008 02:24 PM

Im not far from you.. O yea that was a bright moon. It got me thinking.. Do you think the deer were on their feet all night, and bedded down real early? I wasnt able to hunt this morning anyway(doing a side job), but I wondered all day about how it would affect them.. I could see clear across my pond from my deck it was so bright last night.

Greg / MO 12-13-2008 03:44 PM

I think I heard it was like 17,000 miles closer to the Earth last night... that was the reason it appeared so much bigger and brighter.

I know one thing.... I didn't see a darn thing this morning. :(

Matt / PA 12-13-2008 03:54 PM

I noticed too.......in fact I thought there was snow on my deck when I walked past the sliding door!
I walked outside and said "That is the brightest moon I've ever seen" [:-]
Now I know why. :)

Planter 12-13-2008 04:16 PM

I thought it was just me. It was like a big street light leading the way to my stand.
I hate a big bright moon but with all the rain we've had I thought something might be up and about. Wrong again

bloodcrick 12-13-2008 04:41 PM

I go out at 3:00 pike time, 2:00 your time. The spot im hunting in the evenings, I may see them (small bucks and Does) at anytime but the bigger ones are right before dark.
Now we havea wind advisory for tonight and tomorrow :(
Well guys it looks like i wasnt the only one who noticed it last night :D17,000 miles closer WOW, no wonder it looked bigger to :)

ORIGINAL: arrow2512

In years past i would go when the moon was full sat out there didn't see a thing .So now when the moon is full i just stay in bed. I guess a person should go out around 9;30 and hunt till 1;00 or 2;00..Blood what time do you head out for your evening hunt.I normally head out around 3;00, don't know why because i don't see anything untill the last hour or 45 min before dark.

eswany 12-13-2008 04:45 PM

I just wish that it was warm enough to water my grass!