Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Big WI buck

Old 12-11-2008, 05:23 PM

Default Big WI buck

Heres a awsome buck taken about 10miles from my town, the guy that shot it is actually a Game warden, hence theres not even a tag on the deer and its in 2 differnt locations theres quite a few people tryin to get him in trouble for that, i guess it scored 185 typical he had a couple trail camera pictures of the same buck a week before and still had the full tine on the one side and guess it would be around 190 typical awsome buck but its a shame a game warden doesnt even tag the deer as soon as he recovered, the story is he missed the first shot, and almost missed the 2nd arrow deflected off a brand and struck in the rear leg and he watched the deer bed down and returned the next morning and it was laying there dead

Old 12-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Big WI buck

I don't know what the law is in Wis. but in Ill. no tag needed until the animal is moved. Taking picturew without a tag would be legal here.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Hunter_59

I don't know what the law is in Wis. but in Ill. no tag needed until the animal is moved. Taking picturew without a tag would be legal here.
as u can see in the pictures the first 2 the buck is in 2 differnt locations, in wisconsin you are supposed to tag the deer before you do anything with it....
Old 12-11-2008, 05:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Very nice!!!
Old 12-11-2008, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

It may be tagged on the leg, not sure why he'd do that, but that may be where the tag is. Also, I know there are a couple of good HF areas in WI, maybe the deer was shot there, then no tagging would be required.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:38 PM

Kinda suspect....in the top photo theres 5 arrows in the quiver...no bloody ones...in the second and third pic theres six arrows and the third arrow from the left is bloody....also you can clearly see an entry wound high in the lung just under the quiver in pic one and between the arrow catch from the quiver and the cable slide in the second.

Old 12-11-2008, 05:40 PM

Thats a farm / canned deer or it would have made big news with Wisconsin Bowhunters Fed. and as far as the tagging, it has to be tagged around the antler for bucks and through the ear for does in wisconsin.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: jyanna

ORIGINAL: Hunter_59

as u can see in the pictures the first 2 the buck is in 2 differnt locations, in wisconsin you are supposed to tag the deer before you do anything with it....
Deer Tagging Instructions
1 You must validate the appropriate deer carcass tag immediately upon killing and
before fi eld dressing or moving the deer by slitting the appropriate date and time.
Note:
An antlerless deer is any deer that does not have any antler of 3 or more
inches in length. A buck deer is any deer with an antler 3 inches or longer.
2. Insert a string or similar fastener through the small hole in the middle of the tag
(note: a tab covers the hole) and attach to the deer’s ear or antler. You will need to
provide your own string or similar fastener to attach the carcass tag to your deer.
3. After the deer has been tagged, it must be registered at an appropriate registration
station. Please see the section below on registration.
4. The carcass and registration tags must remain attached to the deer until butchering.
The person who killed, tagged or obtained the deer shall retain all tags until the
meat is consumed.

Not to get into an argument but according to the Wis. Regs.you only need to "validate" the tag before field dressing or moving it.

Old 12-11-2008, 05:43 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm just gonna guess here but I'm betting he took the tag off for the pictures. I've done that before cut the zip tie, take pics and put it right back on. Don't think a warden would pinch ya for doin that if you had the tag in your hand takin pics in the field. In the truck thats a diff story. WCL

Quick Reply: Big WI buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.