Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help me understand >

Help me understand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help me understand

Old 12-11-2008, 06:42 AM
bigcountry

Default Help me understand

Maybe some of you guys know. Some people's post get moved which might show kills, and other fav's don't when they have nothing to do with bowhunting really? Is there a general rule in here?

Old 12-11-2008, 06:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Help me understand

I think the general rule is......if it pertains to BOWhunting.....it's allowed. I'm assuming the ones you're talking about involve gun kills (unless you want to be more specific).

You could always complain to the mods and see how far that gets ya!
Old 12-11-2008, 06:55 AM
Typical Buck

That is a good question, I posted a turkey kill with a shotgun and it was moved almost immediately, rightfully so, and other gun kills make it thru with pages of replies for days.Coincidence, you tell me.

Old 12-11-2008, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think you'll ever get a straight answer to that question, BC. Maybe it just has something to do with which side of the bed the moderators wake up on. I dunno. I know exactly what you mean, though.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's like a family you can't tell everything too.

If you happen to make a gun kill go dump it in the deer hunting forum or just keep it to yourself.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Planter
If you happen to make a gun kill go dump it in the deer hunting forum or just keep it to yourself.
That's exactly what I did - I kept my gun kill to myself. I don't frequent the deer hunting forum, and a gun kill doesn't belong here, so no-one knows that I killed a buck two weekends ago. Well, they do now, but you know what I mean.

I don't think BC is just referring to the gun kill posts, though.[8D]
Old 12-11-2008, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

So, I guess if you kill a deer with a bow and then start a "cooking" thread in the bowhunting forum then it stays but if you kill a deer with a gun and then start a "cooking" thread in the bowhunting forum it would get moved. Tricky rules, but I am starting to understand.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:51 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

So, I guess if you kill a deer with a bow and then start a "cooking" thread in the bowhunting forum then it stays but if you kill a deer with a gun and then start a "cooking" thread in the bowhunting forum it would get moved. Tricky rules, but I am starting to understand.
What about a deer you killed with a gun but you meant to grab the bow that morning. Or you wished you killed it with a bow, but grabbed a smokepole instead. I guess its all about intent.[8D]

Old 12-11-2008, 07:53 AM
Dominant Buck

There's been 10 threads moved in about the last month or more.

7 - Gun kills
2 - IL Governor outed
1 - Victoria's Secret fashion show thread

The bar is set pretty low.

I was waiting for it to get petty.....lol.

I should have (apparently) posted this photo of the REAL "before" shot

Old 12-11-2008, 07:53 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: LittleChief
I don't think BC is just referring to the gun kill posts, though.[8D]
Fellas, am I showing a trend here? I think you guys are onto me. I thought I was a little more stealthy than that. I guess noone can top the real Stealthy.

Quick Reply: Help me understand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.