Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's your weakness? >

What's your weakness?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's your weakness?

Old 12-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What's your weakness?

I hear all the time people talking about their shooting capabilities or their ability to do this, that or the other. Not just on this forum but in general. Obviously confidence is huge in archery as in almost anything, but what is/are your weakness(es)? Weather it be your shooting ability, inability to get out of bed in the morning, or your inability to stay focused... what are they? Let's be honest here, there isn't a perfect hunter (lots that think they are). What is one skill in your arsenal that you'd like to sharpen?

I'll start.

Honestly I think my biggest weakness is that after several hours on stand without much action... I lose focus. Some days it happens quicker than others. I'm not entirely sure how you "fix" this... but I'd sure like to know.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's your weakness?

Lack of time on stand. I need more than most folks I think.

LT
Old 12-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Stand placement for bowhunting. Growing up around gun-only hunters gave me the mentality that I could be 60 yards from the hot spot, and still be pretty much in the middle of the action. I know I have to be within 30 of it. Another is second guessing myself on which farm/stand I should have hunted.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can think of 2. One is I have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning.[8D]And the other is just like you. After a few hours of sitting on stand without seeing anything, I start to lose focus.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

My biggest weakness is that I get impatient on stand...If I don't have a blood trail by 9AM...I want to jump down and go and get coffee and omelettes with my deer camp buddies...If they make it up..they're out of the stand at 8am[:@]

DUBBYA...holy cow!!! where you been?

Where's my hat? [8D]just kidden bud....
Old 12-09-2008, 09:18 PM
Banned

chubby fakeblond girls, but we all make mistakes[8D]Well seriously...my weakness has always been allowing a deer to walk as I like to put them on the ground. I like to smoke deer with a bow and it takes self control to hold out for a better buck
Old 12-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

-I also second guess, not only which stand I shouldve been in, but also is that stand in the perfect spot?

-Hunting the morning. I dont know why, but there just isnt much action here in the mornings.... I should still be out there though.

-I have yet to sit in a treestand from dark to dark.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Fork Horn

as a victim of the auto industry my biggest issue this year has been funding. then I would say that my weakness is I can't sit for more than 5 hours without a break.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

1. when i shoot a new bow... Its usually going home with me

2. Being Motivated after seeing 8 deer in 44 sits.

3. staying positive i guess, hard to climb into that stand knowing its prolly going to be another one of "those" days

IDK its hard to talk about i guess but it happens to everyone.

Ryan.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:32 PM

My weakness is waking up..it isn't that I don't want to, or that the warmth of bed is too tempting...I physically have a hard time getting up. I need two separate alarms or my body shuts one off on autodrive without me batting an eye..then I wake up at 830, pissed because there is sunshine in my window.[&:]

Happened twice this fall early season, I now set two to three alarms. My phone beside me, and My alarm clock across the room where I have to get up and walk to it to turn it off.

Quick Reply: What's your weakness?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.