Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 anybody else feel this way? >

anybody else feel this way?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

anybody else feel this way?

Old 12-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default anybody else feel this way?

i just talked to a friend of a friend. iowa deer season opened this saturday... and he went out and shot a big one. i don't quite know how to pinpoint it... maybe it's jealousy partly i dunno. of course i congratulated him, but it almost seems not fair when you hunt your butt off during the bow season, and the opening day of gun season somebody downs a 150 in eight. this guy smokes, smokes on stand, doesn't watch his wind, wears 3rd generation hand me down camo, and hunts one day a year. i would be tempted to call it luck, but he still manages to put down a good one every year. last year it was a 13 pointer. just beyond me lol.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: anybody else feel this way?

I think of us might...."overdue" it. I really do. People have been killing deer for thousands of years without all the crap us bowhunter use.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:03 PM

Yeh I hear ya, but when you get yours, it will mean soooo much more than his to him....it's part of it man....bowhunting is a challenge in itself...just to get them in range is difficult enough...God made stupid people and He made stupid deer as well
Old 12-09-2008, 06:05 PM

I'd agree on the jealousy part. Just congratulate him and work harder towards your own personal goals.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

here we go again ...

Old 12-09-2008, 06:10 PM

It could be luck, but it could also be that he knows where to be when and gets them that way....ya ever bother to ask him how he does it??
Old 12-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Dominant Buck

I don't know that it's jealousy. I think it's more the realization that, well you've chosen your path and it has limitations. We choose the path gladly, especially after the first time when the arrow goes TWACK. It's easier to stand off 150 yards and lower the boom on an unsuspecting buck.... but really, it's not the path you choose. Give him his due, he chose his path and did his duty. We will go on and try to do ours. And when it happens, you won't care what he's shot or will shoot. You chose the path.... now enjoy the journey.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good post davidmil, i really like how you refer to it, "Enjoy the journey".
Old 12-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

I don't know that it's jealousy. I think it's more the realization that, well you've chosen your path and it has limitations. We choose the path gladly, especially after the first time when the arrow goes TWACK. It's easier to stand off 150 yards and lower the boom on an unsuspecting buck.... but really, it's not the path you choose. Give him his due, he chose his path and did his duty. We will go on and try to do ours. And when it happens, you won't care what he's shot or will shoot. You chose the path.... now enjoy the journey.
This is the good kind of wisdom you get from old guys . Very well said.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:37 PM

I agree except for the negative inferences on rifle hunting. My buck I shot at 8-12 yards this year with the bow had no clue I was there, and he wouldn't of cared if I had a rock, rifle, bow, or grenade...I shot him when he thought he was alone.

I bowhunt only for the same reason as alot of you guys, but just don't get alot of the negativity. Oh well, won't really effect me.

Tell your buddy congrats for me.

Quick Reply: anybody else feel this way?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.