Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First Bow Kill

Old 12-09-2008, 12:58 PM

Default First Bow Kill

Hi how are yall doing? Im new to hunting, been hunting about 2 months now haha. I decided to try hunting with a bow. I love every second of it. The first time I ever shot a bow was monday November 3rd. I practiced the rest of the day and on tuesday morning. I was in the stand wednesday evening. Didn't see anything. Went back out thursday again same result. Friday was a different story. It all began about 11:30 am. I got off work went home took a nap and headed out to the same treestand that I was in the previous two days. Now being new to the sport I had no idea what I was in store for. Around 3:15 pm I saw my buck. The first deer i've seen ever from a treestand. My heart was racing. He was about 30 yrds south of me. I slowly grab my bow he looks up so I freeze, about a minute later he went on about his business walking east I was getting upset because I couldn't see him anymore. Then out of no where he is about 15 yrds from me. I think I lost my breath. So I clip on my release begin to pull back (I must of hit the trigger) and it slips off the loop. We both herd the nosie at the same time because he stops looks up and I started thinking there goes my shot. To my amazment he didn't really care, Just kept on walking getting closer to me. He finally stops 10 yrds perfect broadside. I am at full draw, my 10 yrd pin is centered on his vitals when for whatever reason I look down to see that I don't have an arrow anywhere on my bow. Now Im extremly upset with myself!!! But I thought what the heck it can't get any worse. I sit down reach behind me grab another arrow clip it to my string pull it back aim and let it go. Didn't even stand up.Hit him right behind the right shoulder. He took off running arrow still in him. I called my father-in-law who was hunting about 200 yrds north of me and said I got one. He came over to me about 30 mins. later followed the blood right too him. There he was my first deer. I told the in-law the whole story. I got quite a laugh, butnow I have one awesome story to tell my kids someday.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: First Bow Kill

that is a great first bow kill congrats!!!
[align=left] [/align]
Old 12-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on a great buck, and funny story. Funny how great it feels isn't it!!Walt
Old 12-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Dominant Buck

Heck of a start. Congrats
Old 12-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-09-2008, 01:44 PM
bigcountry

I wish, I could relive my first bowkill. Or even gunkill. I had a smile you couldn't knock off with a 12lb sledge. So congrads, and remember this.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Loved the story!

That is a memory that will last a lifetime and get better everytime you tell it!

Congratulations on an outstanding deer regardless of what number he is!

Old 12-09-2008, 01:46 PM
Typical Buck

great story, great buck
Old 12-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulationson a great buckand welcome to the site. Great learning experience as well, sometimes everything goes haywire when you get deer near you.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Site Buck Guru

Great hunt and a nice buck! Congrats!

Quick Reply: First Bow Kill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.