Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rattled an 11 pointer in...MO buck # 2 down!!!!! >

Rattled an 11 pointer in...MO buck # 2 down!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rattled an 11 pointer in...MO buck # 2 down!!!!!

Old 12-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Rattled an 11 pointer in...MO buck # 2 down!!!!!

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

I appreciate the kind words and congrats everyone!!!!!!! Gotta love this game we call bowhunting. Right place, right time, learn everytime you go out, put your learnings to practice, use your best judgement on where to hang your stand, and keep your cool when they come in. Then if they position themselves just right, and there is a shooting lane...it all comes together. That's why I love it; close encounters and so many variables as to your success.
Congrats! I'm just curious did you use a rattle bag or clash some real antlers. Just curious.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: louddrummer69

I appreciate the kind words and congrats everyone!!!!!!! Gotta love this game we call bowhunting. Right place, right time, learn everytime you go out, put your learnings to practice, use your best judgement on where to hang your stand, and keep your cool when they come in. Then if they position themselves just right, and there is a shooting lane...it all comes together. That's why I love it; close encounters and so many variables as to your success.
Congrats! I'm just curious did you use a rattle bag or clash some real antlers. Just curious.
rattlebags suck IMO. Never had any success with them. I use real antlers. I rattled pretty lightly and not very aggressive..late season and all.....I did two 20 second rattles....15 minutes apart.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's a beautiful kill, hardcore. Congratulations.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats...great deer!
Old 12-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats an awesome buck Don, Congrats! An amazing season!
Old 12-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations Don! Very nice buck! Did he come in hard? Or cautiously try to circle you down wind?
Old 12-08-2008, 09:33 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: tsoc

Congratulations Don! Very nice buck! Did he come in hard? Or cautiously try to circle you down wind?
Came in ears slightly layed back and looking for business. Came in a string like a dog whistled to. He didn't leave the brush..never tried to jump the fence and circle downwind in the open country.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Typical Buck

wow congrats! heck of a season!
Old 12-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: tsoc

Came in ears slightly layed back and looking for business. Came in a string like a dog whistled to. He didn't leave the brush..never tried to jump the fence and circle downwind in the open country.
That's typical when a buck comes In to fight, I've seen them do the very same thing a quite of few times.

Don, you fricking stud you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are the man this year!!!!! A big congratulation's to you!! Awesome buck and one hell of a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Proud of ya man!!!!!
Old 12-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Banned

lol..thanks Steve and others...TeeJay must have died and fell off of the planet. He sent me a pic of one of his boys with a buck that they had taken..but I think he is in hidin..he still owes me $10 too from the MN bet unless he pulls something out of his hat. U OK TeeJay???? Come out of hiding[8D]

Quick Reply: Rattled an 11 pointer in...MO buck # 2 down!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.