Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 12-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Big bodied 2.5yo ?!?!(photo)

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

I shot a hoss of a 1.5 year old this year and if he'd have made it to next year, id expect him to look similar to that guy. I think your accurate.
You live in Canada...You opinion doesnt count..Go chase booners !!

J/k

yeah most us jersey guys would kill to take a AVERAGE canadian buck in our state (don't get me wrong we get some bruiser)

Yea, I have 2 road kill 1.5yos hanging from my fence. Poor little guys. They were HUGE 1.5yo bucks. Too bad for them. One was killed in my front yard. They woudl have likely been this size, next season.

Bry, you know the area, and the type of bucks running around(and their normal charectoristics). Whatcha think...2.5 or 3.5yo ?
Old 12-08-2008, 05:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Predator19

Actually i think that means the deer would have 66% more growth. So 66% of 92 is 60and add that to 92 and you get 152".
This makes more sense, even though I'm not sure I go along with it considering all the factors that go into antlers.

Whether I am dumb or not, the statement below suggests that the size at 2.5, is 1/3 of its potential size. What am I overlooking?

I read that a buck at 2.5yo is only at 33% of his antler potential.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Yea Bry- I believe him to be 2.5yo. If he makes it to 4.5yo, he should be one heck of a buck.

I read that a buck at 2.5yo is only at 33% of his antler potential. At 3.5yo, he is at 64% of that potential and at 4.5yo he is at 88%....

If he's around next season, we'll see what he looks like. A lot of the areas that I now hunt were over hunted and many guys blasted every decent 2yo they saw, needless to say, we're in a "rebuilding" phase, right now with these herds.
I don't know where you got those stats but as far as I have seen they would be spot on. I killed my 2.5yr old this yr. I only shot b/c it was my biggest with a bow and he kept coming in. 3x's I had him come in under 20yds away. 2/3 I could have nailed him. Now to the point of the story. My buddy killed one on the same property and was age guesstimated at 4.5yrs. Same rack but bigger...... HE went 152 gross. as a 4x4 with a split g2 on the right side.
Here's my buck