Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Christmas

Old 12-07-2008, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Christmas

From the people who brought you such great threads as:

[ul][*]Pre Christmas Break[*]Fantasy Teams[*]The New Stand; and[*]How Stupid Can People Be?[/ul]
I now bring you the Christmas thread. The past couple of years I have seen threads on here about what people want for Christmas, which to me does not reflect what Christmas is really about (or supposed to be about anyway). Christmas is about remembering the birth of son of God, who came to this earth to give his life so that we may live. To emulate that ultimate sacrifice, we should be thinking about giving (not receiving). With that in mind, what are you going to do this Christmas season that will better the life of at least one other person?

My wife and I were discussing this last night and we decided that since we don't have the usual money to drop in the Salvation Army tins, I have to put down 4 deer and of those, 2 will be given to the Iowa HUSH (Help Us Stop Hunger) program. No pressure there!
Old 12-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Christmas

as soon as i put one down the meat will go to share the harvest program heer in mo.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

What? No one else plans on giving?
Old 12-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

My family's donated 5 deer so far this year.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Lots of people go about their giving, anonymously.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Host of Hosts

I will be doing the same...hopefully. I have passed numerous does this year while archery hunting and now I have 1 saturday left to get one with the rifle. I haven't been out at all in the gun season. I don't need the meat so it will definately be donated.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

+1, is it really giving or charity if you feel the need to share with others that you have given?
Old 12-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's awesome Rory! In previous years, my wife and I would put $ in our pockets and then go shopping for the kids. When we were done shopping, we'd empty out our pockets in the Salvation Army tins on the way out. She used to tell me not to take over $200, planning on spending $100 per kid each. What she doesn't know is I'd usually take $400 - $600 wanting to help as many as I could. Thank goodness she doesn't read these threads.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wahoohunter

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

+1, is it really giving or charity if you feel the need to share with others that you have given?
The reason for this thread in these economically tough times was to remind people that there are others out there in worse off condition than themselves and it might nice to give. Just because someone gives testimony to howtheyhave shared does not take away from the charitable act and may even give someone else an idea of how they can help.

Another thought is if you give anonymously and don't put the word out, doesn't that lessen what was given by keeping the thought for yourself?
Old 12-07-2008, 02:14 PM
Dominant Buck

doesn't that lessen what was given by keeping the thought for yourself?
For me personally............No.

Quick Reply: Christmas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.