Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Caught a Trespasser on the game camera! >

Caught a Trespasser on the game camera!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Caught a Trespasser on the game camera!

Old 12-06-2008, 09:28 PM

Default RE: Caught a Trespasser on the game camera!

Shows deer are smarter than this guy....they at least look into the cameras...lol

This yahoo shouldn't be too hard to find....its a great picture of him.

.....but ya never said Forest Gump lived near you??
Old 12-07-2008, 03:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Now just what can the game warden, co or whoever do about this? Nothing, Nothing at all. How you going to prove that is your property? By a picture? I think not. Circumstantial at best. They won't even waste thier time. Talk to a neighbor to try and identify him so you can talk to him.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:05 AM
Dominant Buck

I'd find out who he is and tell him to stay to hell out. I wouldn't show him the picture right off. You don't want him looking for your cameras. I'd just tell him to stay out... PERIOD. If he's unreasonable show him a picture and tell him the next visit will be from the CO.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

I half to agree with the fact it only shows a pic of some guy just walking around someplace.. before I could say he was trespassing I would want to know if this land is posted or not. Here it has to be posted in order to say trespassing..Anyways if he is I hope you have some luck stopping him..
Old 12-07-2008, 06:08 AM

By wisconsin law...posted or not its tresspassing.

and if they wanted to argue that it could be anywhere...aint gonna be too hard to show that lanscape to a game warden or sherriff. Just invite them out to show them where the camera was set up.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:42 AM
Bartender

When it comes to tresspassing in Wisconsin you must call the Sheriff or Local Police department just a F.Y.I.
Now if a game violation occurs then both would be involved.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:50 AM
Dominant Buck

It's a good bet that the guy is a serial poacher, and probably known to the local authorities. Call the sheriff and game warden and show them the photo, make sure you have proof of ownership of the property, and show them where the game camera was mounted. Be prepared to prosecute.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:54 AM

ORIGINAL: kevin1

It's a good bet that the guy is a serial poacher, and probably known to the local authorities.
I didn't know there was a season on Fruit-Loops and Corn Flakes...hmmmm...guess I been poaching my breakfast all these years.....

Old 12-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can not see the action good enough to tell anything though i do not know enough to tell any way. Seems to be a small rifle.Maybe .223 but surely not a 3006 or 300 mag
ORIGINAL: terbzz

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

call the game warden. You have proof he is tresspassing hunting out of season. has no orange on.
Though that could be a .22 and he could be squrrial hunting that would be what i said though still no orange and tresspassing.
ORIGINAL: louddrummer69

Well guys went bowhunting this morning and thought since rifle season ended a couple weekends ago things would have settled down. Sat til 1 this afternoon without one sighting. I usually will always see at least a doe but today nothing showed, it was real windy and deer just don't move too much at our farm when it's windy. Decided to check the game camera and apparently noon this pass Thursday had a little trespassing going on. I'm glad he didn't steal my game camera. If you notice, he isn't wearing orange and looks to be carrying a rifle. It's muzzleloader season right now not rifle. I don't know who this guy is but we only have two neighbors that border our property. Our farm is 75 miles north of my home so we aren't around unless we're hunting. We have a "neighbor" that lives about 3/4 mile from our farm who tries to watch over our property. I was gonna mail him a copy of the picture and ask if he could identify him so I could do a little face to face. Other option is calling the game warden. What would you guys do?
Look at the action on the rifle its bigger than a .22, but maybe hes coyote hunting?
Old 12-07-2008, 08:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Tresspassing or no tresspassing he is hunting ut of season and has no orange on. Though proofing he is deer hunting is a issue. I know of no indiana law that says you can not rabbit hunt with a 30.06 though most people know no one does. But try finding 12 people who one of want buy that line.
ORIGINAL: Rickmur

Now just what can the game warden, co or whoever do about this? Nothing, Nothing at all. How you going to prove that is your property? By a picture? I think not. Circumstantial at best. They won't even waste thier time. Talk to a neighbor to try and identify him so you can talk to him.

Quick Reply: Caught a Trespasser on the game camera!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.