Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 slick trick blood trails >

slick trick blood trails

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

slick trick blood trails

Old 12-04-2008, 12:39 PM
Spike

Default slick trick blood trails

ive been using the slicktrick magnums this year and ive killed 2 both died in sight but neither one bled very much. im saying it was the shots my friend says i need to change bh the first a small doe blew through both shoulders through the heart. the other one a 10 pt was trotting when it came in never could get him to stop completly arrow enterd pretty far back high but under spine and exited behind the opposite shoulder still hardly any blood if this wouldnt have died in site it wouldve been a hard tracking job. so whats your opinion new bhs or just not good shots. in both insances the wounds just looked really small
Old 12-04-2008, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: slick trick blood trails

i killed a doe this year with a slick trick, it litterally went through the whole deer body from its front right leg, to the back left, there was plenty of blood and it only ran 30 yards.
Whos to say if the deer had not ran further there wouldent have been any blood, it dieing so fast doesnt leave much time to bleed.
Infact the2 deer i killed this year with my 30-30 had 0 blood anywhereafter 40 yards they both died.

EDIT:
Also i forgot my friend got into bowhunting this year and he has the same equipment i do, im not sure how far his deer ran or how much blood there was, all i know is in his first year of ever bowhunting he killed and recover 2 bucks and a doe with the ST. Also i killed a little turkey with a slick trick dropped him in his tracks(but thats easy with a BH like that i guess)
Old 12-04-2008, 01:37 PM

People put too much responsibility on the blood trail, or lack thereof, on the broadhead. There are FAR too many variables to hold the head accountable for the trail.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Spike

I also use slick trick magnams and have never had a problem. I don't think there is a problem with the bh . I would bet judgeing from the damage I have seen the slick trick do on my bucks, That on your deer if they would have actually ran further it would have been easy tracking. Come on both of them falling in sight says alot for the SLICK TRICK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-04-2008, 01:49 PM
bigcountry

Shoulder shots don't bleed much no matter what you use. High under the spine shots, don't bleed much no matter what you use.

I have used so many BH's its not funny. And if you hit in the lungs behind shoulder little low from middle. They will bleed.

If you shot that doe thru the shoulders with a large rage or spitfire, most likely you wouldn't have found that deer.

Old 12-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jlakes

I also use slick trick magnams and have never had a problem. I don't think there is a problem with the bh . I would bet judgeing from the damage I have seen the slick trick do on my bucks, That on your deer if they would have actually ran further it would have been easy tracking. Come on both of them falling in sight says alot for the SLICK TRICK!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol thats a good way to put it, ive never seen someone complain about a BH that dropped 2 deer in site, even with a non perfect shot.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Typical Buck

Relating blood trails to broadheads is like saying tires suck because you hit black ice and crashed your car.

If the broadhead is sharp, stays together, and gets a passthrough, it has done it's job as well as any broadhead will. Every deer is different. I have had some that bled like there was a garden hose of blood flowing and others that showed little or no blood on good double lung shots.

Many times if you hit them just right, you can get fat that plugs the low exit wound and keeps the deer from leaving a good trail. They are bleeding out just as quickly, but it doesn't pour out onto the ground.

Change heads if you want to but beyond a certain point it is the specifics of the shot and the anatomy of the deer that determines the quantity of blood on the ground.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:18 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: 98Redline

Relating blood trails to broadheads is like saying tires suck because you hit black ice and crashed your car.
I like this analogy. I might have to borrow it.

Old 12-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Spike

if you read my post i agreed that it wasnt good shots to get good bloodtrails thats what i tried to explain to my friend. i was wondering what kind of luck everyone else was havin with the slicktricks i was not planning on changing heads and actually i used to shoot spitfires but changed cause i wonderd what would happen if i hit bone. i agree with you guys 100 percent those types of shots dont produce good trails. just cant explain that to my friend all in all i was wanting opinons on the slick tricks thanx
Old 12-04-2008, 03:36 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: xi32

if you read my post i agreed that it wasnt good shots to get good bloodtrails thats what i tried to explain to my friend. i was wondering what kind of luck everyone else was havin with the slicktricks i was not planning on changing heads and actually i used to shoot spitfires but changed cause i wonderd what would happen if i hit bone. i agree with you guys 100 percent those types of shots dont produce good trails. just cant explain that to my friend all in all i was wanting opinons on the slick tricks thanx
I don't use em, as I still have stock of thunderheads to use up. But my hunting partner does and they have left larget holes.

We have not had trouble tracking any deer. Maybe better holes than my thunderheads.

Quick Reply: slick trick blood trails

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.