Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scent Blocker/Scent Lok... >

Scent Blocker/Scent Lok...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent Blocker/Scent Lok...

Old 07-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

i bought some scent blocker last year and I saw the most deer I have seen in one bow season.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

So for those of us that do not use carbon clothing and have similar experiences with deer down wind, yes even when hunting on the ground, how do we explain that? It can't be the Scent Blocker clothing because we are not wearing any. Yet if we had it on, perhaps it would lead one to believe that the reason for not being winded was indeed the Scent Blocker/ Scent-Loc garment.

When I see the "professional hunters" on these programs one after another, echoing the Scent Blocker/Scent-Loc propaganda almost word for word, it causes me to just shake my head. As a child there was a wonderful story that I was told that carries with it life lessons applicable even to this day. Originally written by Hans Christian Andersen the jist of the story goes like this:

An Emperor who cares for nothing but his wardrobe hires two weavers who promise him the finest suit of clothes from a fabric invisible to anyone who is unfit for his position or "just hopelessly stupid". The Emperor cannot see the cloth himself, but pretends that he can for fear of appearing unfit for his position or stupid; his ministers do the same. When the swindlers report that the suit is finished, they dress him in mime and the Emperor then marches in procession before his subjects. A child in the crowd not knowing any better, calls out that the Emperor is wearing nothing at all. The Emperor cringes, suspecting the assertion is true, but holds himself up proudly and continues the procession.

In my opinion Shultz and Scent Blocker made a marketing decision and settled. It has little or nothing to do with the truth.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't believe any product can eliminate 100% human odor, but I do believe if you use them in a system they can greatly reduce human odor. Thus helping to some degree.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

Has anyone heard anything about this?

Quote:

"I guess you saw the superior statement from Scent Blocker. That statement earned then a lawsuit in Minnesota. They essential laughed in the face of the court. On June 23,2010 a new lawsuit was filed against them im Minnesota District court.(0:2010cv02584)."
Old 07-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Antler Eater
So for those of us that do not use carbon clothing and have similar experiences with deer down wind, yes even when hunting on the ground, how do we explain that? It can't be the Scent Blocker clothing because we are not wearing any. Yet if we had it on, perhaps it would lead one to believe that the reason for not being winded was indeed the Scent Blocker/ Scent-Loc garment.

When I see the "professional hunters" on these programs one after another,h.
That's the problem right there, it isn't the suit, it's the tube.

Anyways how could you ever tell if "you've never seen more deer" if there is nothing to compare it too. You beef is with the tube. Stop paying to be insulted and turn if off. The suit works on the same principle as a chem suit and they work.

You wear rubber boots?
Old 07-21-2010, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by blacktail slayer
Has anyone heard anything about this?

Quote:

"I guess you saw the superior statement from Scent Blocker. That statement earned then a lawsuit in Minnesota. They essential laughed in the face of the court. On June 23,2010 a new lawsuit was filed against them im Minnesota District court.(0:2010cv02584)."
You use a spot hog? I've met the owner, if you've got a problem with SB you should really love that guy. How much is a hog these days?
Old 07-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

You wear rubber boots?
Only if there is a heavy dew or rain so that my feet and cuffs will stay dry. I have proven (to myself) that rubber boots do not guarantee anything. Even if the rubber is scent free (fat chance), scent molecules will escape out of the top with each step (again proven).
Old 09-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Spike

More positive news for Scent Blocker. Works as claimed and even better that other Scent Elimination.

Highlights of Court Findings:

9). The parties further stipulate that Robinson’s carbon-embedded clothing contains substantially more carbon and uses a different application process than other carbon-embedded hunting clothing products currently on the market.

Robinson has produced evidence of expert testing that establishes that its garments containing activated carbon are effective at blocking the transmission of odor through the garments and the amount of carbon used and the process by which the carbon is embedded in the liner of the hunting clothing makes the odor- blocking ability of the Robinson products more effective at reducing human odor than other hunting garments containing carbon as well as non-carbon hunting garments.

10). *Robinson has provided evidence of expert testing that establishes that, after washing and drying, its carbon fabrics continue to be effective at reducing odor permeation.

11). *Robinson has provided expert testing that shows that after washing and drying its carbon fabrics are “reactivated” and such clothing is restored to some extent for continued beneficial use.
Testing and Federal Court Ruling all here.

http://www.bowhunting.net/artman/publish/NEWS/Robinson_Outdoors_Court_Finding.shtml
Old 09-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by IA Buck Hunter
Not trying to ruffle any feathers here, but I, after this season, believe ALL of the "scent eliminating" products to be a joke. They don't work!!! Don't waste your money!!! For one, Scent Blocker/Scent Lok say to put clothes into dryer to "Re-Activate".... NOT POSSIBLE that any dryer can get hot enough to re-activate, activated carbon.
I saw one thing while at the local hunting store that made me think, WTF>>> Dead Down Wind had scent eliminating chapstick! That was when I went back to basics and looked back at everything I have learned in the past and started hunting the wind, instead of "HUNTING 360". Needless to say my season went much better after that.
I ended up getting this buck and was proud as hell to get him after all of my troubles this year. (Corn was up WAY too late). I passed up on many animals that were bigger than him but am overall VERY happy with the the way this one hunt turned out!!!
Back to the subject of the thread... I had soooo much frusteration by buying the"scent eliminating" gear this year, then getting busted/not seeing much, that I went back to what I learned just beginning bowhunting. HUNT THE WIND.That is the most important aspect to archery hunting. If you want to get close, they need to be upwinfof you.
I was all into the shoot nothing less than 130-140in class min buck too, but then realized alot of the deer I was getting on trailcam were not going to fit into my schedule of being able to hunt, so I am very happy with what I got. Congrats to all of HNI's members this season on their harvest!!

I find it funny that a guy start a post picks a fight a couple years ago, and someone else TTT's it. But I'll say this, if he weren't pictured with a little immature buck, he'd maybe have a little more credibility, however being pictured with a 50" deer ain't gonna make him look like a PH anytime too soon!!!
Old 09-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

All activated carbon is is charcoal, hell you can buy a gallon tub for 30 bucks, just sew some pockets into your under arms and load up. But seriously the main cause of odor is perspiration and your breath, gum o flage and orderless deodorant take care of that.

Quick Reply: Scent Blocker/Scent Lok...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.