Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is this breaking the law? >

Is this breaking the law?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is this breaking the law?

Old 12-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Is this breaking the law?

Based on a few PM's I have got,
LOL....I mean L O L!!!

I got a PM asking me to donate sperm for their future child.

They're Gospel!

Old 12-03-2008, 01:07 PM
Fork Horn

I got a break while in class today, and decided to see what was up here. As I read through this thread, it quickly turned into "comedy relief" for me, which is exactly where it deserves to be. Kind of a ridiculous question, but you guys are hilarious!

Thanks for the laughs!
Old 12-03-2008, 02:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Nubby_Stalker

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

I'm an outlaw.
No...now you're being an ass.

The regulations in your state clearly state when and how orange can and must be worn....reguardless if you like it or not.

I never said you would get arrested but it is illegal either way....

.....and ya'll are soooo much the role models for younger kids by not wearing what the regs say and then bragging about it.

Just my .02

Section 4. Hunter Orange Clothing Requirements. (1) During the modern gun deer season, muzzle-loader season or the youth firearm season, a person hunting any species during daylight hours, and any person accompanying a hunter, shall display solid, unbroken hunter orange visible from all sides on the head, back and chest except when hunting waterfowl.

I don't know about you, but I don't continue hunting after I killed a deer. I have 2 tags, doe permit was filled in September, and now my buck permit. In KY, we are only allowed 1 deer per day anyway....so after a deer is shot, you are no longer hunting. Appears I am no longer an Outlaw.[&o]

It's cool to try and point out role models and all, but let's not accuse someone of poaching based off of laws you are unfamiliar with.

GMMAT, hands down one of the funniest pics I have seen since I joined here.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

To hell with the orange question. I wear it in and take it off once I'm in the tree. So find me and arrest me.

I am guilty of this also......from time to time, of course this is on my own property.....

Shane
Old 12-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Fork Horn

jb i see you are from OK. may i ask what general geographic areayou are in in OK? im gona gues tulsa or okc. just curious tho
Old 12-03-2008, 05:00 PM

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

Section 4. Hunter Orange Clothing Requirements. (1) During the modern gun deer season, muzzle-loader season or the youth firearm season, a person hunting any species during daylight hours, and any person accompanying a hunter, shall display solid, unbroken hunter orange visible from all sides on the head, back and chest except when hunting waterfowl.

I don't know about you, but I don't continue hunting after I killed a deer. I have 2 tags, doe permit was filled in September, and now my buck permit. In KY, we are only allowed 1 deer per day anyway....so after a deer is shot, you are no longer hunting. Appears I am no longer an Outlaw.[&o]

It's cool to try and point out role models and all, but let's not accuse someone of poaching based off of laws you are unfamiliar with.

Ya might wanna check the definition again...as long as you are activly involved in the Hunting act....walking to or from a stand, shooting at...dragging an animal out....you still need to wear orange...don't mean you are activly out to shoot another animal.....

This is pointless......lol

And I never called you a poacher.....hell, never called anyone here a poacher.

Old 12-03-2008, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's not only breaking the law it is stupid. The way some of these yahoo's that hunt shoot.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:08 PM

And yes I know alot of the posts were being sarcastic, but the question was posed is this illegal....

...guess I want into father mode again....

...damn.[&o]
Old 12-03-2008, 10:01 PM
Fork Horn

Even the people walking their dogs up and down the roads where I hunt wear orange during the firearm season, and some of the dogs have it on as well.

I think it's dangerousnot to wear itduring gun season; the deer can't see it anyway.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

the deer can't see it anyway.
I believe they can pick brighter colors out much easier then dull colors, specially If the orange Isn't broke up.

As for wearing orange during gun season, just do It and be done with It. Lots of people would miss you If you weren't around anymore and the hunter who accidentally shot you would feel like ****!!! Don't put them through It either!

Quick Reply: Is this breaking the law?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.